2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The canaries are out, the devils are in.
excellent.jpeg

Very impressed by the Belgian performance this evening. Shame they stopped playing with enterprise in the second half. England would lose a final against this team, though. With almost certainty. Same style, more precise execution.

The belgians weren't so hard to play against when in the same group as wales so nice to seen them play to their true potential. I was in a bar in brussels when they won 3-2 against Japan.

Well, well what a day! England progress almost seamlessly to the semi's and Croatia finally manage to sneak past the Host Country.

Both the games today were played almost without the pathetic cheating of previous rounds. Is it a surprise that football finally wins when the South Americans disappear?

France vs Belgium and England vs Croatia are very tight looking games. Not that much between the four teams.

Was it the refereeing today that meant actual football was played and not the quasi sport of conning the Ref? I thought the two Refs were excellent today, in the sense that they were not a great part of either game. "Get up and get on with it".

Wait a minute! Are you sure that you live in Australia? :?:

I quote from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_Town_F.C.

"Grimsby Town Football Club is a professional football club based in the town of Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, England, that competes in League Two, the fourth tier of the English football league system. Nicknamed "the Mariners", the club was founded as Grimsby Pelham in 1878, changed its name to Grimsby Town a year later and moved to its current stadium, Blundell Park, in 1898."

If you live in "Home of the Mariners" you must be living either in Grimsby (famous for its fish) or Cleethorpes (a place known in the coastal holiday community as "The Last Resort").

BTW, I still fancy France for lifting the trophy! :laugh8: :laugh8:

The fish mascot is Harry Haddock, and if people were cheering 'up the mariners' you must have been to a pre WWII match or summit Dutto, as none of the things we normally chant are repeatable on this forum. :laugh8:

......... none of the things we normally chant are repeatable on this forum. :laugh8:

Which is why I chose "Up the Mariners!" without pointing what the fans suggested what should be shoved up where! :thumb:

BTW, the visiting team song at Ipswich is sung to the tune from The Munsters as follows:

"Your father is your brother,
your sister is your mother,
'cos they all screw one another
in the Ipswich Family!"

... and I've even had to clean that up a bit! :laugh8:

Last edited:
Well, that's France in the Final ... :laugh8:

... so maybe the Jules Rimet Trophy is going home after all. :thumb:

Technically speaking it’s actually the FIFA World Cup Trophy. Jules Rimet went Brazil in 1970 and the new World Cup trophy introduced from 1974 ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back