2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically speaking it’s actually the FIFA World Cup Trophy. Jules Rimet went Brazil in 1970 and the new World Cup trophy introduced from 1974 ;-)

I know, but as I was responding to this Post ....

It’s coming home

... I thought it would be wiser to let the lad down gently ... :laugh8:

... and stick to the title used the last time the trophy was in England. :thumb:

... and stick to the title used the last time the trophy was in England. :thumb:

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to get past Croatia first; no easy task.

Croatia have some geat players but were exhausted after their second 120 min (plus penalties) game . I think southgate will utilise the speed of some of the faster England players to try to tire them out in the early stages of the game and go for the kill later on

Footballs coming home

Okay, signing off to make dinner before tonight's kick-off.

Today's House Rules are:
  1. I get to cook dinner AND watch the match.
  2. SWMBO gets to eat dinner and NOT watch the match.
Go England ... :thumb:

... and if you succeed France awaits you! :laugh8:

Okay, signing off to make dinner before tonight's kick-off.

Today's House Rules are:
  1. I get to cook dinner AND watch the match.
  2. SWMBO gets to eat dinner and NOT watch the match.
  3. Pink apron back on and I do the washing up.
Go England ... :thumb:

... and if you succeed France awaits you! :laugh8:

It’s all too tense for me.
Lucky drink in hand.
Lucky shorts.
Lucky flag hanging.
Luck pre match meal done.

Believe ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure we can beat France if we play like this

36883422_10155444666908414_2454799630454489088_n.jpg

Yet again, England's football team have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory ...

... and I now have to watch that Croatian with the shaved head and pony-tail for another 90 minutes on Sunday thinking "How he can think that haircut makes him look good?" He's the personification of the saying "No friends. No mirror!" and somebody ought to tell him!

BTW, my money is still on France to lift the trophy. :thumb:

Oh well we got further than most of us expected and it was a buzz while it lasted I think we got lucky with the opposotion we faced the penalty shoot out etc and came unstuck when we met a decent team.

With hindsight I think Gareth should have left Sterling on and brought Kane off as the commtators were saying he was terrorising the defence on and off the ball and Kane was AWOL for most of the game but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

One plus I won't hear another person say "It's coming home" for a few years.

Last edited:
Oh well we got further than most of us expected and it was a buzz while it lasted I think we got lucky with the opposotion we faced the penalty shoot out etc and came unstuck when we met a decent team.

With hindsight I think Gareth should have left Sterling on and brought Kane off as the commtators were saying he was terrorising the defence on and off the ball and Kane was AWOL for most of the game but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

One plus I won't hear another person say "It's coming home" for a few years.

My thoughts exactly,

I think we scored too early then dedcided to invite trouble on ourselves.. passing between back three was stressful alone.

Better team won.

Back