2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointing to lose but they surpassed expectation in getting to the Semi Final.

On the game itself, it's hard to say that Croatia didn't deserve to win the game. They controlled the match and created the better chances. Even in the first half the signs were there, with England giving the ball away cheaply and being forced to knock it back to the keeper.

Told you......

Well done England,
They did well, a bit more experience needed, a strong but maybe too young team as yet.

Oh dear!
img.png

If you showed just the face to most people they wouldn't have a clue who it is.

Yes, England played far, far better than most of us expected, but, let's face it, that was a massive missed opportunity against a solid but pretty average Croatia.

Also, I'm not sure but I think the Croatian centre back that @Dutto was talking about may have starred in Die Hard :laugh8:

It's such an appallingly bad tattoo to begin with I doubt anything could be done with it.

Truly gruesome, but how about:
  • The Universe, with the centre-piece being a huge black hole?
  • The Sky at Night, with a white moon tattooed on the forehead, white stars tattooed in the few spare bits and the rest covered over with a blue/black?
Either way it would be deservedly painful. :thumb:

As I've seen "Tattoo Fixers" use something about A4 size to cover up a tattoo the size of a 10p piece, I reckon they would probably recommend the amputation already suggested by Pope! :laugh8:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    709 bytes · Views: 53
Oh well we got further than most of us expected and it was a buzz while it lasted I think we got lucky with the opposotion we faced the penalty shoot out etc and came unstuck when we met a decent team.

With hindsight I think Gareth should have left Sterling on and brought Kane off as the commtators were saying he was terrorising the defence on and off the ball and Kane was AWOL for most of the game but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

One plus I won't hear another person say "It's coming home" for a few years.

Sterling had them in trouble and with the long balls we were punting in the second half I think we’d have been better leaving him on.

Yet again, England's football team have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory ...

... and I now have to watch that Croatian with the shaved head and pony-tail for another 90 minutes on Sunday thinking "How he can think that haircut makes him look good?" He's the personification of the saying "No friends. No mirror!" and somebody ought to tell him!

BTW, my money is still on France to lift the trophy. :thumb:

Lift any pony tail and underneath you'll find an arsehole.
Women excluded.

Six of the eight quarter finalists at this tournament were European, and that didn’t include Holland, Italy, Germany, Spain or Portugal, so any idea that this England team is now a contender is not for sure at all. This was a great achievement and far exceeded expectations but a golden opportunity missed nonetheless. We could easily look back in ten years time and think what might have been.

If we really want to be pessimistic, last time England made the World Cup semi finals, at the Euros 2 years later we exited at the group stage (a tournament where John Jensen scored Denmark’s winner) and 2 years after that we failed to qualify for the World Cup.

Opportunities can be fleeting.

Very much an anti-climax last night. Only positive is that I drew out Croatia before the start in a sweepstake at work. Even if France win, as I expect they will, I get a consolation of £20 towards the next grain order.

Roll on September!

Latest posts

Back