2ndary fermentation Q - prob v basic

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will B

Reaction score
Grateful for quick help! My siphon broke 30 pints into 36 pint transfer. V keen to get last 6 pints our but new siphon arrives tomorrow. Beer was put into keg on Thursday, having had 5 days hop pellets. Can I undo top of keg and siphon in the remaining 6 pints without causing any damage? Sorry if too basic- not a pro! But it is good beer and it pains me to throw 6 pints away for want of siphoning! Thank you, Will

Pour it into a sterile 5 litre plastic container, and if you haven't got one, go to the supermarket and get a 5 litre water and throw out the water. Desperate measures and all that.

Thanks! Would putting it into the same keg likely ruin the beer already there? And would the beer develop OK in the water container, given that it is not pressurised?

Sorry for extra questions and grateful for help!

Some say it risks oxidation or contamination
I never had that problem so maybe buy 6 bottles of a nice beer in aid of research taste etc drink them now and fill the bottles

Thank you all! I ended up siphoning into old 1.5l bottles with priming sugar.. we'l see! Cheers, Will

Back