• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale 3.5 vessel electric HERMS set up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Morning all,

I'll be listing this on eBay but wanted to put on here as will consider sensible offers. I've received some inheritance so will be getting a G40 assuming I can sell this and free up the brewshed.

For sale is my 3 (or 3.5) vessel home-brewing system. In addition to the usual 3 vessels, this utilises a small heat exchange vessel allowing step mash programmes, or simply to retain mash temp at set level. The recirculation also helps to aid clarity of the wash and improve mash efficiency.

The HLT includes a recirculation arm to prevent stratification and ensure consistent temperature throughout the liquor. The mash tun is bottom draining to enhance efficiency and has a return port in the lid for recirculation. The kettle features a recirculation arm in the kettle achieving a strong hop/trub cone and clear wort to be run off. As such I’ve not required a hop filter and one isn’t included. However, I can provide a lauterhexe hop filter on request for no additional cost (and subject to my finding it) but this is missing the stainless tee piece to attach to the ball valve.

This system is fine for 21 litre batches, meaning each brew can fill a standard 19l corny keg. For stronger beers I tend to brew half size batches for my 9.5l corny kegs.

I batch sparge for simplicity, but imagine the return port in the mash tun could be adapted to fit a sparge arm or similar device for fly/continuous sparging.

The main pots are about 5 years’ old, but have been in storage for a good portion of that time. Many of the additions are more-recent and some of the parts (brew table and immersion chiller) are less than 6 months’ old and have seen minimal use. All ball valves have recently been disassembled and given a deep clean. All fittings in the main pots are ½” stainless steel, the HERMS vessel features 2 brass compression couplers as in my experience stainless compression fittings would crush the copper coil resulting in leaks.

Summary of each vessel is:

HLT – 33l stainless pot with lid, 3 piece ball valve tap, recirculation port with 2 piece ball valve (this needs a camlocl, which I will get before sale), sight glass (glass not polycarbonate) with volume markings, 2.4kw stainless element, metal lock nut, hot condition lead, mount for detachable PT100.

Mash Tun – 20.5l thermopot, bottom draining mash tun with stainless false bottom, 3 piece ball valve tap, recirculation return port in lid.

HERMS vessel – 3.2l stainless pot, copper coil, recirculation inlet and outlets, 1.5kw stainless element, metal lock nut, mount for detachable PT100.

Kettle – 33l stainless pot, 3 piece ball valve, recirculation arm (into wort level to minimise hot side aeration), 2.4kw stainless element, metal lock nut.

Stainless steel immersion chiller with hozelock fittings and reinforced pvc hose

Topsflo TS5 stainless threaded mini mag pump with ball valve and pump clamp.

Camlocks and silicone hose.

Stainless steel brew table – 1.2m long with 50mm upstand. Perfect size for the kit and has a shelf underneath for other brewing equipment to live on.

Also included is a box of spares – element, element spanner, stainless fittings, silicon washers etc.

I will also throw in my controller, this is an Inkbird ITC-100 PID with SSR and heatsink built into an IP65 project box. I use this to get the HLT up to temp and then to maintain the temp in the HERMS. The design and build was checked by a retired electrician but is sold as seen and with usual caveat that it should be checked by a suitably-qualified person before use.

Due to the size this is collection-only. I’m located just north of Gatwick so quite accessible. The stainless table will be disassembled but I’d imagine a small van or large car would be needed for the whole kit.

20220313_101322.jpg

20220313_101328.jpg

20220313_101332.jpg

20220313_101337.jpg

20220313_101339.jpg

20220313_101343.jpg

20220313_101346.jpg

20220313_101438.jpg

20220313_101457.jpg

20220313_101535_01.jpg

Thanks CT. Honestly I don't know how much it would/should go for. Back of fag paper maths I reckon I spent at least £700 building it (including the stainless table).

It's on ebay for £375 (which I think is a bargain as table alone was £150 6 months ago) but will consider sensible offers from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back