3 C’s ratio help.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone and HNY.
Due to time constraints I’m pimping two Wilko cans and 500g of light DME. I was going to dry hop 100g each of Citra and Mosiac, I’ve done this a few times and generally comes out quite well.
But I’ve got some Cascade and Centennial in stock and am thinking of a 3C IPA, only problem is I don’t really know what ratio to add. It would be easy to chuck 100g of each in and ruin 23L of beer.
Any advice would be grateful.
Cheers.

Citra is tasty but much more powerful than other hops. And 300g dry hop is extremely high and wasteful, I don't know anybody using that much, it soaks up too much beer.

I would recommend 120g total, with perhaps 50g each of Cascade and Centennial, and 20g of Citra, to improve balance between these hops, without being wasteful.

Sounds good! To be honest I wasn’t going to waste 300g of hops but I knew in my head equal amounts wasn’t right. I just needed a ballpark ratio figure to get started. I might just scale it up a touch…I do it like hoppy.

Back