3 turbo ciders on the way

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryG

Reaction score
Hi all, i've not be on in a while, as a matter of fact I haven't brewed anything since my dad passed 3 years ago, but i'm back in with the turbo cider.

Got a cheeky Vimto bottled and carbonating. put a strawberry cider on, on Monday and today a dark fruit cider. All these are in 1 gallon demijohns as I managed to buy 13 glass demi johns for £20 on gumtree.

all made with aldi and asda AJ. Used Vimto cordial and 50% fruit strawberry (asda) and 50% fruit blackcurrant from aldi. I used Wilko yeast. Added yeast nutrient and tannin.

The 2 still in the demi johns will be there for a while to condition before bottling, the vimto was a bit of a rush job.

Just a thought here. With the strawberry cider I added 3.5 litres of AJ so as to stop a blow out. I kept the remaining AJ in the same room at room temp for 2 days before adding it in, this created a bit of a blow out and 'm still getting a bubble a second. As the AJ was not refrigerated, it might have went a bit sour. Surely this would help the cider as they add rotten and sour apples when making pressed apple cider.

Gary.

Both the ciders are bubbling away, bought the strawberry might have slowed down, but no still a bubble a second (must have been the added sugar). These two will be racked into another demi john foe a few weeks before I bottle. I'll carb with lowicz raspberry syrup, just need to work out how much to add for batch priming.

The bottles are nice and hard on the cheeky vimto so gonna put them out the back where its still cold with the snow still lying.

Gary.

I did but when I got up the next morning a lot of the snow had melted, so now going in the cold garage. I so want to open one and drink it now. I will wait and try the last bottle (with most of the turbo in it) first next week. I will leave the rest for a month or two.

Gary.

Back