330ml bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
It seems like I've been brewing stronger and stronger beers lately so in an attempt to control my alcohol intake I decided to stock up on a few 330ml bottles as all I have otherwise is a load of pint and 500ml bottles, all shapes, all colours.
So went online and didn't like the prices I found until I found `the bottle company south ltd'. Unit price was very good, postage a bit pricey at eight quid but that's per order irrespective of size.
Anyway, just received a box of 40 bottles - £20.49 including delivery which is 51p per bottle.
For more than one box it would be very cheap and they do discount on large orders as well.

Like you, I prefer to bottle my stronger beers in 330ml bottles.

But why pay when you can get them for free? San Mig bottles are perfect and their cool lager is quite nice on a hot evening, I normally buy a pack or two over the summer then recycle the bottles for homebrew. The labels soak off really easy.

Like you, I prefer to bottle my stronger beers in 330ml bottles.

But why pay when you can get them for free? San Mig bottles are perfect and their cool lager is quite nice on a hot evening, I normally buy a pack or two over the summer then recycle the bottles for homebrew. The labels soak off really easy.
That's exactly what I do for odd Belgian style brew I do. Currently 2 cases for £20 in Tesco at the moment (might be cheaper elsewhere), 83p per bottle so take the 51p you're paying for an empty bottle out of it and the lager is a mere 32p.

The only time I’ve ever used 330ml bottles was for my Belgian Dubbel.

For a couple of months beforehand, I was forcing my mates to buy Flensburger every time they were in my local Wetherspoons because they come in lovely 330ml swing top bottles. I ended up with more than 30 of them which saved a heck of a lot of hassle at bottling time.

We are still drinking Flensburger when we can so that next year’s Dubbel can be 100% bottles in swing tops to avoid the bottling being such a chore!

flens-pilsener.jpg

Were do you live ?

West Wales. So not near anywhere.

Also, i've been collecting 330ml bottles full but it's a slow job. And so many of these `craft beers' you get in them are absolute s**t. None of my local breweries use 330ml bottles that I know of so that's not an option.

Never resorted to buying new bottles before but at 50p a bottle I couldn't resist - so that's me sorted for bottling my next brew due next week.

Also I find that drinking a 330ml bottle gives me the exact same pleasure as 500ml or a pint so the extra number of bottles per brew is a bonus. And as for being thrifty with bottles - some of my pint ones and my Grolsch flip top ones have been in constant use since the early 1980s.

Waitrose just had (might still do) have the Fullers and Friends box at £10 for 6 beers.
I bought 5 boxes to build up my 330ml stash ahead of brewing a RIS.

Alas, they have different labels to Fullers 500ml (which fall off after a short soak in water) and require a bit more effort.
But the beers good for £1.60 a bottle and the bottle are a bonus.

Latest posts

Back