45L Igloo Coolbox with Stainless False Bottom

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franklin

Landlord.
Reaction score
I just finished building my 45L Igloo Coolbox with Stainless False Bottom its been a fair bit of grinding with an Angle Grinder to make the right shape to fit the moulding of the coolbox, finished off in a few places with some 5/16th beer-line for a snug fit and to fix a corner I took a bit too much off, Its all spaced off the bottom with stainless cap screws.

Some of the tools used:

Drilled out Tank Connector with modified Elbow fitted so it is level with the flat base of the tun thanks to the coolbox moulding where the tap fits:

Stainless Steel Cap Screws used as stand-offs so about 25-30mm up from bottom:

Something to lift it out with:

Outside with Tank Connector & Ball Valve fitted:

False Bottom Fitted:

I have to say this was easier than cutting and soldering loads of bits of copper pipe... Just needs a test run now! :)

Very nice job same ss bottom as ours you will find sometimes that it doesnt filter everything out we have had a couple of stuck mash so we use a grain bag too :D

Thanks mate ! I have a 25lt cheapy coolbox already ,sitting waiting ,that needs its hollow lid filled to be of real use ,and I had thought to do something like yours with it .Searched e bay for a while but no bargains on bigger boxes with drain bungs as of yet .

Back