5 alcoholic drinks I won't ever touch again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Tequila, and as the comedy sketch says everyone has a tequila story. Mine happened after finding a litre bottle on a train from Victoria.
2. Mezkal - got some in a secret santa. The only booze I've poured to bottle down the drain to stop me from mistakenly trying to drink it again. It tasted like melted plastic and still makes me gag.
3. Whiskey - it's disgusting.
4. Pastis - it's disgusting.
5. Boddingtons.

1. Spiced Christmas beers. Awful, awful stuff. There's no reason to put cloves and cinnamon in beer.
2. Mad Dog 20/20. Brings back memories of projectile vomiting over a girl I was trying to chat up
3. Vermouth. See 2, no girl involved this time, fortunately.
4. Big Bear malt liquor. Several 40oz bottles of this stuff while on holiday in the US aged 18 gave me one of the worst hangovers ever.
5. Spiced Christmas beers. Hateful, hateful stuff.

1. Southern Comfort - horrible teenage memories of a session on A level result day that ended with me be violently ill in the grounds of Carlisle cathedral. Had had a bottle of dark rum and copiuous Newkie browns but the only thing I could taste was the one southern comfort and lemonade.

2. Tequila - never had a bad experience but makes me wretch.

3. Tomato juice - feel I should like bloody marys but just dont get tomato juice.

4. Budweiser - if people bring bud to a house party etc, any leftover botles go down the sink.

5. Greene King IPA - once the largest selling bitter in the country, absolute gnats **** and cant believe they describe it as an IPA. Long voyage to India? Not even fit to make the short drive to London.

Whiskey - made myself very ill one Christmas when i was a kid by drinking way too much cannot stand the smell now.

Lager - the fosters type ones i haven't toughed one since i discovered proper beer.

Sherry.

Advocaat.

Gin. (original not flavoured)

1. Diamond White. I don't think you can even buy it now although there are other equivalent strong 'ciders' in the shops where you get about 5L for a quid. I drank a few bottles one night over the park with my mates when I was 14 or 15 and spent the rest of the night and morning chucking up my guts.

2. Jagermeister

3. Tequila

4. Aftershock

5. I'll be cheeky and group these lot as they are all equivalent. Budweiser/Carling/Fosters/Carlsberg etc.

1.Aftershock, used to love the stuff until one dreadful night - never again
2. Lees larger - wow
3. Bailey’s - thought even knocks me sick.
4 & 5 stick to be decided in time

1.Aftershock, used to love the stuff until one dreadful night - never again
1. As above, exactly the same, specifically the cinnamon flavour 🤢
2. Southern Comfort
3. Any white cider
4. Ouzo
5. Special brew

In fact all of the above have a similar "one dreadful night" story, it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens with homebrew...

2. Southern Comfort
3. Any white cider
4. Ouzo
5. Special brew

In fact all of the above have a similar "one dreadful night" story, it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens with homebrew...
Noooo a homebrew could never let u down like them lot, could it....... lol 😂

1..Lamb's Navy Rum - I did a litre once over the course of 12 or so hours whilst camping/fishing. I was so ill the next day instead of going home in the morning, I had to stay in bed, in the tent, all day until the night time. That sleeping bag, air bed and tent went into a skip on the way home. A swimming pool of bleach couldn't have sorted it.

I can't even smell rum now without feeling sick.

That same excursion, mate I was with drank a 3 ltr box of wine, passed out around the fire and got bitten by about nine billion sand flies during the night. he looked like freddy krueger for a week LOL

2.3.4.5 (I just don't like them)
Fruit ciders
Desperado tequila beer (make yer mind up ffs)
Thin, all inclusive holiday type lagers (More than a couple is a struggle)
Sherry

-

2. Southern Comfort
3. Any white cider
4. Ouzo
5. Special brew

Funnily enough Special Brew doesn't have the same reputation in Denmark it has here. My SB story is that a friends flatmate hd a bit of a booze problem and we found stash. I drank the lot and lost a day of my life somehow.

Latest posts

Back