50% off for Inkbird Bluetooth Wireless BBQ Thermometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I received my BBQ GO today and it is the best bit of kit I have ever bought; mainly because I didn't know what I was buying! :doh: :doh:

For a start, I thought that having two probes meant that I had one in use and one as a "Spare". WRONG! The BBQ GO allows me to have two probes operating at the same time. :thumb:

For me this is a really nice feature because I use a ProQ Smoker which cooks and smokes things on two different levels. Not only can I monitor the temperature of the meat on both levels, I can also set a temperature alarm for EACH of the probes.

The BBQ GO also uses the latest Bluetooth technology. I made a mistake here. I thought my phone was an iPhone 4S which would have operated the BBQ GO but in actual fact I had an iPhone 4 which "Isn't powerful enough." according to the lad at my local phone shop. (He looked at my iPhone 4 as if it was something that had been found on an archaeological dig.)

Undeterred, I went and lashed out on a 2nd hand iPhone 6 and came home fully armed to set up the BBQ GO.

It really is a magical little gadget for a number of reasons:

1. Each probe has it's own bit of the phone screen.

2. Each probe can be set to alarm at either a pre-set temperature (as decided by the gadget), by the operator or on a timer.

3. The pre-sets have a temperature range for Smoking and will therefore give an alarm if the temperature gets too low as well as too high. There is even a setting for "Cold Smoking" (20-30 degrees C) which is an absolute dream 'cos often a cold smoke source goes out or (less frequently) bursts into flames and starts "hot smoking".

4. The volume and nature of the alarm can be set because it is actually the phone that gives the alarm and not the BBQ GO.

5. If the probes go out of range of the Bluetooth facility on the phone then the phone gives an alarm; however, even when disconnected from the phone, the transmitter will still give an alarm when the temperature is reached.

6. Finally, (and really important for long term smoking sessions) the probes can be read almost anywhere within our bungalow.

A fantastic bit of kit which I hope will prove to be just as reliable as the STC 1000 that I have controlling my Brewing Fridge! :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back