#52 Voss Kviek Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a starter from 1g of dried voss and pitched one teaspoon of the slurry into my rice lager I brewed at 35c and it went from 1.048 to 1.005 in 3 days. I dried the rest but ended up cooking it to death. ooops.
Upon reading this thread, I was about to say the GrandDrunkMeister Drunkula would disagree. But you kinda saved me from saying it =)

You can under pitch and dry or freeze the slurry indefinitely. Once you’ve bought one lot of kveik you needn’t really buy any more. So actually a billy bargain. However I’ve got several different strains and always happy to share.
I beg to differ. Although you mostly are correct. If pitching say rum oak chips into a brew. Erm, that Kveik is basically fecked unless you wanna take the time to strain those chips out which personally I wouldn't bother with, well that batch of it will be anyways =)

Fermented out in 24hrs...
1613843866277.png

So do I just throw this into the next brew then? (Berliner Weisse)

Sour with sour pitch for 48hrs, boil, cool and throw it all in?

So do I keep this slurry or just collect it from the next batch? How many generations can you go? How long does it store?

Free yeast forever? Cannot be true....

So do I keep this slurry or just collect it from the next batch? How many generations can you go? How long does it store?

Free yeast forever? Cannot be true....
As @Drunkula said. What you have collected there would last you a long time. I would top up with some wort just to protect it. 👍
Remember to release the pressure on it once in a while.

Back