600,000 demand removal of Sir Tony Blair's knighthood

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tony Blair be stripped of his knighthood?

• Yes he should be stripped of his knighthood?

• No he deserved it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You all know it's not going to happen as the Queen has deemed it so knowing fine well what the implications would be and toffs being toffs don't give a toss about us as we all work for them anyway living of the taxes as they do and it's just diversion tactics for deflection away from the Clown Prince Boris and Andrew.

Another thought I've had is....

....if you want change, it's unlikely to come via a change.org petition

Another thought I've had is....
....if you want change, it's unlikely to come via a change.org petition

Well it got the peoples bad feeling about this onto the front page of the BBC site so at least it was discussed which is more than what would have happened had the petition not been set up.

If we are going to strip people of honours let’s start with the hundreds that have done nothing apart made large donations to the political parties (mainly Tory party) to get them.

Iraq aside new labour did a decent job. Oh for Blair and brown now instead of this current bunch of second raters.

If we are going to strip people of honours let’s start with the hundreds that have done nothing apart made large donations to the political parties (mainly Tory party) to get them.

Iraq aside new labour did a decent job. Oh for Blair and brown now instead of this current bunch of second raters.
Hear hear.

He should not get a Knighthood end of, as for the second raters they have not been to war yet nor have they left the country skint or caused a banking calamity :laugh8::laugh8:
The Tory MPs virtually all voted for war in Iraq. So that rules them out of honours too. We do expect a Labour leader to be much less war inclined, obviously. Double standards though.

And the banking collapse was caused by ... bankers!

Petitions do nothing. There have been petitions with over a million, and with over 5 million signatories. They got "debated" in parliament for a couple of hours by a handful of backbenchers then quietly dumped in the trash.

So we do nothing and just roll with it, as I said without the poll everyone's displeasure wouldn’t have made the front page of BBC news and with luck he will hear that the people that once voted for him now think he is a waste of space.

It really doesn't matter.
Let's face it, we'll go through the same thing when Cameron gets given one in 10 years time for his contribution to Brexit and a handful of years later with Bozo.

Good Friday Agreement?

Was that the one where he pardoned terrorists who murdered innocent people in shopping centres, but made no such provision for soldier who were sent out to Belfast regardless of their views on the issue? A pre Corbyn corbynite sympathiser. Man's an absolute criminal who deserves nothing more than a 6x6 cell with a very small window.

Was that the one where he pardoned terrorists who murdered innocent people in shopping centres, but made no such provision for soldier who were sent out to Belfast regardless of their views on the issue? A pre Corbyn corbynite sympathiser. Man's an absolute criminal who deserves nothing more than a 6x6 cell with a very small window.
Its always good to remember that one's man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. All depends on your view point. I will include Nelson Mandela and Martin McGuiness in that list for you to consider.
The British are responsible for countless of murder's during the troubles as well, many in my home town. The current British government are trying to push through amnesty for all which I believe is wrong. If there is sufficient evidence to prosecute then that should be the case.
Soldier F being the most high profile. He is responsible for two murder's and 5 attempted murders during bloody Sunday. It's strange that some people can justify Murder because they are wearing a uniform. What is the difference between a man who plants a bomb outside a hotel to man who drops a bomb from the sky.
Just as a side note I don't support violence and am grateful to be living in an Ireland that is slowly moving away from the past. Maybe not as fast as I would like at time's.

Fair point, and I wasn't condoning one over the other. Rather that, if he can pardon the civilian killers, why not the ones in uniform...all or nothing? Taking away the military angle for a second, how can anyone honestly justify a bomb in a shopping centre in another country where innocent and unconnected people died and pardon those responsible?

Fair point, and I wasn't condoning one over the other. Rather that, if he can pardon the civilian killers, why not the ones in uniform...all or nothing? Taking away the military angle for a second, how can anyone honestly justify a bomb in a shopping centre in another country where innocent and unconnected people died and pardon those responsible?
I'd imagine nobody could justify the murder of innocent civilian, either done by uniformed military or terrorists.
@samale views would echo mine.

Regarding Soldier F, Bloody Sunday was one of the main catalysts for the Provisional IRA's campaign. It totally undermined the British Gov's claims to be the force of law and order. (The same reigiment in Bloody Sunday had previously murdered civilains in Ballymurphy).

In relation to the Good Friday agreement, 71% of the population of Northern Ireland voted in favour while 94% voted in favour in the Republic in a referendum (52% of UK pop voted for Brexit).

Whatever Blairs failings in Iraq, he was partly responsible for peace in Northern Ireland (alongside Bertie Ahern, John Hume, etc).

Latest posts

Back