Quantcast

70L Grainfather coming!

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

David Heath

Regular.
Reaction score
It is time for a video about the forthcoming 70L Grainfather.

Since its recent announcement I have had over 450 messages from people with all manner of questions, concerns and requests for a review.

I simply do not have time to answer all of these individually, so here is a video where I have put in everything I know about this system at this point and I also talk through the various areas that people are curious and concerned about.

As I say in the video I will update you as I am able to after this video also but please do direct your questions to Grainfather themselves first, they know a great deal more about this new system than I do!

I hope this video helps many of you out.

As usual, thank you for all your kind support and enthusiasm for my channel.

Please keep your questions, feedback and requests coming but please give me some time to answer, I get a lot of messages and answer them in the order they were sent in, particularly those on Facebook messenger tend to stack up! If you are comfortable then please ask questions within Facebook groups or Youtube, so that others can also either benefit or contribute.

Happy brewing!

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
As you say lifting the basket is going to be a two person job I wonder how much the Grainfather winch cost? :laugh8:

Last edited:

Peter Scandlyn

Reaction score
Really have to wonder what they're up to here, other then their usual way of shouting out when they're far from ready.....

David Heath

Regular.
Reaction score
As you say lifting the basket is going to be a two person job I wonder how much the Grainfather winch cost? :laugh8:
Haha yeah!
Just something safe but standard from a hardware store will be fine, the only issue for some is where to mount it.

David Heath

Regular.
Reaction score
It's the easiest way of getting their kit discussed and it works.
From the reaction I am seeing on social media it has been 90% negative so far...I cannot see how this works for them or anyone for that matter!

-Bezza-

Landlord.
Reaction score
It looks like it has a massive dent in it where the tap comes out??

Slid

Forum Friend
Reaction score
It sounds a bit too big to be much use to anyone home brewing and too small to be much use to anyone brewing commercially.
Must be just the US market, then, for a "sport utility brewing machine". They seem to do a lot of brewing and drinking in little groups of 2-4 in North America.

Norfolk79

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing is with the US market, and the original Grainfather I see people moan that they brought out the 110v version over there (which by the sounds of it is a bit pants) and say why didn't they just do the 220v version with the 2500w heater, and then read this and says that a lot of homes in the US don't have a 220v outlet and so won't sell. :confused:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
From the reaction I am seeing on social media it has been 90% negative so far...I cannot see how this works for them or anyone for that matter!
Negative because they are bringing a 70 litre GF to market or negative because they have not released any details?

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they get round this as there will be potential customers who couldn't lift it even if they had another person helping.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
It's too big and heavy you would be much better off with a traditional 3V setup. All kit it a compromise compact/convenience/flexibility and the increase in size and weights swings it away from the GF.

aamcle

David Heath

Regular.
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they get round this as there will be potential customers who couldn't lift it even if they had another person helping.
Yes , agreed. Ive met people who struggle enough with lifting a regular sized grain basket.