A bunch of labels I've designed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mega ace labels! :clap: :clap: I used to design labels for TopShop, BHS, M&S, Next and other high street stores but never anything as cool as these!

Luuuurrrrvely!! :clap:

What the heck I guess I'll post some of my labels as well. They don't look quite as professional as Donny70's but....

BeamMeUpScotty_large.jpg

AbbeyNormal_large.jpg

RadiationRed.gif

BiohazardBlonde

HopzillasRevenge

The particularly like this next one. The base image is a classic photograph from the 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines. I couldn't resist doing a bit of time travel and replacing the ratty blue true in the original with my 2005 Dodge Caravan.

PyroclasticPorter.jpg

Heferweizen_large.jpg

...and here is my Wit Bier collection:

HalfWit.jpg

KnitWit.jpg

DimWit.jpg

Loetz said:
Someone should make a "show us your stash of labels then" topic.

Someone should show us lot how to make them :pray: ....I've downloaded "Gimp" but it does my head in trying to work it out. :wha:

Staggerringly impressive label

Re : Milk as adhesive- I have used this surprisingly it doesn't smell and floats off easily in water. Pritt stick is good too.

Have to say that nowadays I just scribble a few marks on the crown cap.

Cheers

RD

a bare template of correct size would do... Mine either end up microscopically small or swamp the bottle.. :) I can manage the rest ok.

The labels are great and the adhesive machine sounds good - however :wha: what program on the computer do you use to get text like that on labels?? i thinking paint or the you tube clips of using power-point to make labels was NOT what you did here????

I really want to make some professional looking labels and would appreciate any guidance:)) ;)

For people asking about how he has done it. The honest answer is likely going to be that he spent some time and graft putting together the concept in his mind, and then made it a reality in Photoshop. I am lucky enough to have had years of experience in Photoshop behind me, which I am hoping will lend itself to labels for brews, and this has actually inspired me to give it a wee shot. It can't be said enough, but these labels are beautiful!

Try GIMP for a free editor!

Here's the last hour or so of my life... just a fake one I've made up to have a play. It turned out alright I think... more practice needed!

[-img]Oops... apparently I look too spammy! Maybe in a few days.[-img]

I can't speak for Donny70 but I used a program called Fireworks. This program and its sister web design program, Dreamweaver were originally owned by Macromedia. Macromedia was gobbled by Adobe so they are now one of their products.

At any rate, Fireworks is a pretty easy program to use. There are a few tools such as the stamp, eraser and text writer which are used repeatedly.

Of course, as was mentioned the concept is a large part of making a label.

Editing graphics can be tedious and time consuming but the results are usually worth it.

Doing that sort of work, however, gets to you after awhile so most of my labels were created over the course of several days. You work on it when you feel like it.

I hope this helps.

- Scott

first up, wow, amazing and ruddy fantastic, mind blowing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and i hate you , you taleneted skillfull, computer techno geek with great skill and imagination :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

the next part is are you avalible to do work for me on a set of lables, pictures of the queen are involved

Hopefully I have passed my probationary period... Here goes nothing:

UncleSamsIPA.jpg

I still have nothing on Donny70, but it was fun to have a go. it doesn't have any important info on it though.

Thanks for inspiring me Donny!

Back