A busy morning.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
Up early as the weather was nice and nipped into Asda for 28 litres of apple juice. Then into Wilco to find nothing much on the home brew shelves as usual☹️

Back home I bottled a gallon of mead ready for the winter, racked off my pear wine as it isn’t clearing well, put on a batch of turbo cider with said juice. Also added four jars of black current jam out of interest. Then as I had picked up a load of cheap lemons earlier in the week I put on 22 litres of alcoholic lemonade. First effort at this but smells good. Can’t wait to try it.

That was yesterday and this morning two fv’s making happy gurgling noises.

Just fancy putting something on in my spare demijohn as my parsnip wine has been so sucessful. Toying with the idea of carrot whisky.

Will keep you posted.

Yes, an old recipe where, if I remember, you put the sugar in in batches and end up with a fairly strong brew.

Decided that’s what I’m going for

Parsnip wine is killer. Dome that many times. Ive done carrot and hop (left overs from beer brewing) came out very strong tasting young. But 6 months later was very nice. Also did a carrot and corriander experiment that was...not bad

Latest posts

Back