A chill in the air...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well it seems to have happened (again), the summer passed us by without letting us know it was here; the chill is in the air again and do you know what, I think i've started to look forwards to winters more than I do the summer! Bring on the central heating, beef and ale casseroles and nights with your feets pointed to the fire with a nice strong warming beer!

Which do you prefer ?

I work outside so the winter doesn't offer me much in the way of, well anything but hardship :( I'm a summer man even if they are wet at least they're warm ;)

I much prefer a cold winter to a hot summer, especially when it comes to the big outdoors as i can add clothes to keep me warm. there's only so many clothes i can take off without being arrested in the summer and i hate the british "muggy" heat.

although winters are starting to get **** too with mostly wind and rain. I remember the days when there'd be snow on the ground nearly every xmas holiday, now it's starting to snow in ridiculous months like february!!

A T said:
I work outside so the winter doesn't offer me much in the way of, well anything but hardship :( I'm a summer man even if they are wet at least they're warm ;)

I agree, did the same for many years but age drove me to see sense.

The main thing I like about winter is the big f*** Off woodburner we got a few years ago.

Fire it up to near melting point with free wood, beer about 25p a pint, :drink: book or telly or whatever suits.

Can't wait.

jb.

My work is fairly seasonal and it slacks off in the winter, which is nice as I can get on and brew during the week. That said, I'm a fan of golden ales and, they just taste so much better when the sun is shining so I'd have to say the summer (or spring in particular) is my fave. A pint of Townes IPA with the sun on your back, mmmmm :thumb:

Back