A few little questions...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongboy

Reaction score
Well last week i bottled 36 bottles of Nelsons revenge, and this week i have started a nelsons reserve kit of in the FV and was planning to put this one in my barrel, so.....
Do people prefer to bottle condition or barrel , dose it effect the end taste.
And second when im taking my gravity readings is it better practice to draw of a sample or just plop the hydrometer in to the FV.....
And third can any one recomend a dark strong ale, at the moment ( untill i have my own stash:drink:) im drinking Suffolk springer and old percuiliar , so something similar to these.....
Thankyou...:hat:

I think the bottle vs keg debate has been going for as long as people have been brewing. I prefer bottles simply because I like my beer out of the fridge so just bring in as many from the garage as I need and I also get a nice fizz from a bottle.
I'm going to try a couple of mini kegs next as they seem like the best of both worlds for my needs , 5ltr and will fit in the fridge nicely

Cheers :cheers:

bottles vs keg depends on personal taste, bottles are generally more carbonated than pressure barrel but overall flavour should be the same. if your brewing kits and like the darker beers then give woodfordes nog a go. although its been a long time since i brewed from a kit i remember that being very nice:hat:

Latest posts

Back