A little advice on using hops with lager/cider kits please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootcutboy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just bought some citra hops and have been recommended a couple of other types of hops by beer brewers. I am wanting to try a couple of basic/cheap 23L lager and cider kits With the addition
Of these hops but I don’t really know where to start.

I need to know at what stage do I add the hops, and for how long? And approx how much do I add for 23L batch?

Any help of advice would be awesome please folks. 🍻

Hi all, I have just bought some citra hops and have been recommended a couple of other types of hops by beer brewers. I am wanting to try a couple of basic/cheap 23L lager and cider kits With the addition
Of these hops but I don’t really know where to start.

I need to know at what stage do I add the hops, and for how long? And approx how much do I add for 23L batch?

Any help of advice would be awesome please folks. 🍻

It all depends on what your goal is. You could try dry hopping which is either adding hops to a 'hop sock' or just straight into the fermenter, for 3-5 days after fermentation has mostly finished. You can use from 20g up to 100s depending on what you want to achieve.

There are some resources here:
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...customise-and-improve-upon-a-basic-kit.69567/
Good luck!

Last edited:
Yeah just stick em in at the end for a few days and see how it is.

Maybe try taking 2L out in to a plastic bottle before you add the hops. Then you can taste the difference in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back