A Newbie start up beer kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Hog

Reaction score
Hi can you recommend a descent beer making kit for a newbie?

your info would be appreciated :thumb:

Insufficient data.

What style of beer do you prefer?
Do you have a LHBS (Local HomeBrew Shop), are you confined to the likes of Wilkinson's or are you shopping online?
Have you got the basic equipment, or are you looking for the complete package?

Edit: Sorry if that sounded terse, but there are a lot of very experienced and very knowledgeable people on here and I'm sure your question will be answered in due course. However, a bit more information would be useful.

By the way, welcome to the forum :cheers:

Moley said:
Insufficient data.

What style of beer do you prefer?
Do you have a LHBS (Local HomeBrew Shop), are you confined to the likes of Wilkinson's or are you shopping online?
Have you got the basic equipment, or are you looking for the complete package?

Edit: Sorry if that sounded terse, but there are a lot of very experienced and very knowledgeable people on here and I'm sure your question will be answered in due course. However, a bit more information would be useful.

By the way, welcome to the forum :cheers:

Yes Wilkinson's or i can shop online & yes would need a complete package, i like all beers so not fussed on what to start brewing with. :cheers:

A T said:
Any of the 3kg kits are good, there's no need to add any sugar, take a look at THIS :thumb:

Thanks Great thread :clap: , i looked on it earlier. just would like to get an idea on various kits before i start in the world of brewing beer.

if you want a half decent beer i would concider th youngs starter pack from wilkinsons. it what got be started in home brew. and you get almost everything you need in the kit and it only costs £20. Also MATCHLESS sell a very good starter kit for around £60 which comes with the bottles.

Excellent i will look into those kits, thanks for all your input :cheers:
can't wait to give this a go!

Latest posts

Back