Abbey Malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFB

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone used it? was wondering on rates of inclusion.. Malt miller says up to 50%. So I was thinking of playing it safe with 25% Abbey - 75% pilsner and some sugar.
Would be interested to here of any of your experiences with the stuff. Was thinking its something close to aromatic malt, but not sure??!

Are you on the Weyermann brand or the Belgian one? I have Weyermann and use it in place of aromatic as I don't have any. I've used a couple of percentage points in a dubbel and I put 12% in my old ale. Can't really comment much unfortunately as there's so much else going on in those beers. Weyermann have a dubbel recipe which is 50% pilsner, 40% abbey, 10% carabelge and some sugar which is in g/L not percent. I'm going to try it at a high percentage at some point but not sure when.

Are you on the Weyermann brand or the Belgian one? I have Weyermann and use it in place of aromatic as I don't have any. I've used a couple of percentage points in a dubbel and I put 12% in my old ale. Can't really comment much unfortunately as there's so much else going on in those beers. Weyermann have a dubbel recipe which is 50% pilsner, 40% abbey, 10% carabelge and some sugar which is in g/L not percent. I'm going to try it at a high percentage at some point but not sure when.

Yes I used the Weyermann one. From what ive read its a bit like aromatic but sweeter and a bit of biscuit which sounds good to me for a simple grain bill. I went with 75% pisner to 25% Abbey, granulated sugar and MJ47 Abbey yeast + Saaz.
I've not come across many recipes using it? But it sounds great so ill wait and see..

Back