Accidentally froze my Wyeast - is it f**cked?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just went to dry hop my latest brew, and discovered that my London Ale III that I was going to use for my next brew was sitting right at the back of the hop/yeast/bottle shelf of the kwgerator and had a couple of big bits of ice in it. It’s use by the end of the month as well.

Can someone put my mind at ease - I’ll obviously do a starter with it but might need to have a backup yeast ready!

Just went to dry hop my latest brew, and discovered that my London Ale III that I was going to use for my next brew was sitting right at the back of the hop/yeast/bottle shelf of the kwgerator and had a couple of big bits of ice in it. It’s use by the end of the month as well.

Can someone put my mind at ease - I’ll obviously do a starter with it but might need to have a backup yeast ready!
I did exactly this with Wyeast Belgian yeast and it turned out probably the best beer I have made.

Should be fine. Maybe get a vitality starter on asap and see if you have activity by the morning. If not, get an order in to CML.

Latest posts

Back