Ace micro brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptCaveman

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I want to get into home brewing - I've helped a friend with a few brews but I'd like to get my own kit.

So, I'm looking at the Ace system. Simply put, what reasons would there be not to go with this system? How do the mash efficiencies compare with, for example, a 3-vessel system? Are there any styles you can't brew?

For me, the advantages seem to be that the cleanup is easier and you have better temperature control and less kit. The only disadvantages that I can see is that you can't have several batches on the go at once and that the mash is "immobile" (you can't stir it).

Am I missing anything?

The forum is an excellent source of information. Your question may have already been answered!
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/ace-microbrewery-or-bulldog-brewer.69187/
That's just one mention of the Ace Microbrewery. You can. of course, have as many brews on the go as you have fermentation vessels. For me 2 is enough. For one I don't drink enough to justify more and two, if I had more FVs than that I'd get a proportionate increase in ear ache from my dearly beloved.

The youtube seems to suggest that it recirculates, so no need to stir. If you set the flow rate correctly it will have the mash recirculating through the whole grain bed. It certainly looks easy to clean. No wort chiller for post boil cooling but you could always pop an immersion chiller in. I BIAB with about £100 of equipment in total so £1350 is in a different league but I'd certainly like the compactness.

If that £1350 price is from eBay, then that means that it is out of stock at the moment and that they are waiting for a new shipment. The usual price is around £300-350 but he increases the price when out of stock just to keep the listing live.

This has been mentioned here before why don't they just put "Temporarily out of stock" instead of scaring potential customers off with that stupid price tag, i wonder how many customers never come back and buy elsewhere.

I think that it is something to do with eBay terms and conditions - if they state it is out of stock then they have to end the listing and set a new one up, adding all the info again and presumably paying a new listing fee

Last edited:
ACE are no longer trading. However you can buy the same equipment labelled as Hopcat, Beer Torrent, Angel Homebrew's Brew Devil and others.

It's a good bit of kit and mash efficiency is relatively high (80+% easily). However there have been some reliability issues with components so I'd recommend paying by credit card (not paypal) and with a company which looks like it has some longevity.

Sarah Pantry has done several reviews and brewdays using this kit - search Daft Cat Brewing on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back