ActiFry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
My Mrs bought one and hates it, the light that it gives off in use us like the sun lighting up the kitchen, used once and never again.

The actifry and air fryers don't use a bulb you may be thinking of the halogen ovens that do -

Has the world abandoned a large pot with peanut oil and a thermometer for cooking potatoes and fish?
The countertop cookers look pretty interesting. I guess people buy them because they're a healthier method. Since I don't go nuts and fry every day, I just use oil.
I wouldn't rule out getting an air fryer but it might be a longshot.

Last edited:
The countertop cookers look pretty interesting. I guess people buy them because they're a healthier method.

We didn't get ours for health reasons it was because we are all here at different times of the day and its a waste of electricity heating a big fan oven up to cook when you can pre heat the air fryer in a couple of minutes, it takes less time to cook the food and its easy to clean.

We didn't get ours for health reasons it was because we are all here at different times of the day and its a waste of electricity heating a big fan oven up to cook when you can pre heat the air fryer in a couple of minutes, it takes less time to cook the food and its easy to clean.

Have to agree, especially for us in the UK now having to watch the utilities with the huge price rise.

"Convenience" is a very nice feature. Microwave is the most convenient item we have. The food processor is great for big jobs but not for, say, one onion. We use the blender quite often too.
Big fan oven? Is that just a gas or electric stove that I'm used to? We did just get an oven with a convection option. It goes down to 77°C so I can use it as a proofer.
I see a trend of more energy-conscious decisions in the UK postings than I do on the US site.
I've yet to try an air fryer but I see it gets top marks.

1647116220101.png

This reminds me of what I understand about an air fryer. Not exact, but this kind of item worked really well but I'm not sure how much dough it saved. Ours had a pull-out metal bit to melt margarine.
Now I just do it on the stove but it takes very little time.

We have 2 ninjas, one of them does steam and air fry, a rack of pork ribs marinated over night the half a cup of water set 190c done in 30 minutes, we use almost every day what i like is they are solid and easy to clean

I'm on my second actifry. The first was the small one but after getting remarried and gaining a few extra kids needed an actifry xl. Yes they make great chips but I've even made a chicken massla from scratch in ours. There are a couple of good tefal cook books only about a fiver each with some good recipes in them.

3rd one here with a Ninja. Only recently bought it, but does chips / roasts great

We got it because our gas oven is so feeble it'd be quicker cooking with a clipper lighter! Roasts took so long you had chance to plan birthdays for years ahead

Does anyone have a good recipe for really thick cut chips? I was thinking maybe pressure cooker 1st then air fry after (maybe double fry them too?)

Back