Adapter, Corny Ball lock connector to S30.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have a Co2 cylinder that I use to pressurised my Corny kegs using ball lock connectors. I also have 2 very old but sound 2 gallon (2 inch neck) plastic pressure barrels. Probably older than some members here :)

I would like to get some sort of pressure relief valve onto the barrel BUT I also want to be able to top up from my cylinder.

So far fitting an S30 to the barrel is looking good, pressure relief and gas in But I need some sort of adapter to connect the ball lock Corny connector to the S30.

Is there such an adapter? Or is there a better way of doing this?

Atb. Aamcle

@peebee I think they're the wrong way around.

@aamcle You could drill a hole, add a schrader valve to to the barrel or caps and get a cheap tyre valve thing to go to your gas supply. By the time you've spent money on s30 valves and some converter it'll probably work out cheaper to get more cornies. Give up on them - use them for water carriers or no-chill cubes, but seriously, you'll get some way of pressuring them and then find out they're not as sound as you thought and it'll have been a collosal waste of time and money. I've been through this recently. Yay! That didn't sound miserable.

No not them the S30 is on the barrels cap, simply I want to top up the pressure in the barrel from my cylinder, via a regulator and some pressure tube.

Atb.

I think I've just fallen out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down!

All I need is one of those cheap caps with a pressure relief, naturally carbonate my beer with confidence that I won't blow the barrel.

Some time ago I fitted one of the barrel caps with a " Corney gas in post" all I have to do is swap the caps and re-pressurise then I can top up at will, the oxygen ingress will be negligible.

I just get over complicated...

AAmcle

Latest posts

Back