Adding Yeast To Secondary

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saisonator

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi I made a bitter a few weeks ago with LalBrew London, FG has come out a bit high for my taste at 1.019.
I wondered if anybody has added a different yeast to the secondary and had success.
I am wondering whether I need to make a starter first? Due to issues I may have with the yeast not reacting well to being added to beer with alcohol in?

You could draw off a litre, add something neutral like notty or us05 to it. Once that starts to show signs of fermentation, add it back in.

Just wondering, would you be planning to use the same yeast or one with a higher attenuation?
I have a couple of out of date packs of Cross My Loof, real ale and pale yeast in the fridge. I won't be using them for anything else, so will be good for this. On paper they both have better attenuation than Lalbrew London.
Doubt I'll use this yeast again, I don't like beer too sweet and have to try and limit my sugar intake as well.

Latest posts

Back