additions to a coopers draught bitters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonniepeek

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not far away from starting my next brew ( have things in the shopping basket)

i love my light pale ales( bordering on lagers) easy drinking and most people will drink them, ( not sure if that a god or bad point yet)

any way i was going to add the kit along with 500g of each extra light,light and medium DME and add a White Labs WLP011 yeast to give it the larger syle,

my end game is to get a refreshing pale ale with a tad more body and smoothness ( if that makes sense)

Just asking your opinions, am i wasting my time, is there better ways of what i want to achieve?:D

Hi guys,

Not far away from starting my next brew ( have things in the shopping basket)

i love my light pale ales( bordering on lagers) easy drinking and most people will drink them, ( not sure if that a god or bad point yet)

any way i was going to add the kit along with 500g of each extra light,light and medium DME and add a White Labs WLP011 yeast to give it the larger syle,

my end game is to get a refreshing pale ale with a tad more body and smoothness ( if that makes sense)

Just asking your opinions, am i wasting my time, is there better ways of what i want to achieve?:D
Not sure why you intend to use three different sorts of DME. Why not 3 x the light ?
Next think about whether you want to dry hop your beer, or add a hop tea. I often make up Coopers one can kits but would never do one without the added punch from the extra hops. And if you like that sort of thing 50g Cascade as a dry hop would suit the style, or Saaz or Hallertau if you are more into lagers rather than American IPAs.

Latest posts

Back