Adjustable beer faucet - thoughts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a typical European style tap. I have no experience at putting a tap directly on a keg. I run mine through some beer line to control foaming

I have the same/similar for use with my mini kegs.
Works fine, allows you to throttle back the flow to match the 'froth levels'

Be aware it is quite weighty so can over balance a keg, especially as you get to empty.

I used to use a flow control tap directly connected to the keg like this, and while it does work it's prone to foaming even with the flow control dialled down.

Since then I've switched to a pluto gun connected via a length of beer line and the resistance from the line makes the pour much more predictable and less foamy.

Pluto gun kit V2 (out of stock atm similar is available elsewhere, or you could try a party tap)

It'll be fine.

But are you the sort of person that will want to up your game in 3 months time and end up dumping it for something fancier?

It'll be fine.

But are you the sort of person that will want to up your game in 3 months time and end up dumping it for something fancier?
I'm the sort of person who would buy something which would prefer to buy something different now IF this was either poor quality or impeded beer quality in some way!

That's a fair price. I have 2 of these and I love them. Thinking of buying another and doing a kegerator build. Mine are attached directly to the kegs. The first pour sometimes can be a bit foamy but after that, it's fine. And I usually have mine fully opened. The flow control function is very handy. You won't regret your purchase.

I'm the sort of person who would buy something which would prefer to buy something different now IF this was either poor quality or impeded beer quality in some way!
I've got one made buy that company that is similar, but not adjustable. I used it directly attached to a corny for three months and it was great.

(then I upgraded my beer serving and no longer use it)

I bought a couple of these off the bay with short shanks. Then decided to fit to a fridge and found it very difficult to find a compatible longer shank. You might want go check with your supplier that they supply different length shanks etc. just in case. My taps work nicely.

Got one, two actually. Wasn't impressed with the shank internals not being stainless steel and losing their plating over time exposing god knows what metal underneath. Binned them and replaced them with proper stainless intertaps instead.

Back