Adnams Broadside.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The draft version is just as nice but quite a lot different from the bottled one.

Its a different beer. We had the Adnams head brewer at one of our club meetings recently.

One for you Foxbat how do they get the fruitcake flavour as from the recipes I have seen there is not any crystal or special B. Is it from the yeast they use?

The fruity esters are yeast derived from the fermentation profile that is employed, along with brewing to a higher gravity and then liquoring back.

I don't really equate that OG to the stated abv.
You think one could just use the same grist percentages but up the OG to ~1.060 in order to come closer to the original?

that’s all I did to adjust the recipe to my system etc. even if it’s not a full clone if it’s a decent beer I’ll be happy

I don't really equate that OG to the stated abv.
You think one could just use the same grist percentages but up the OG to ~1.060 in order to come closer to the original?

The OG should be 1.065. I wonder if Wheeler's recipe relates to the cask version which is a different beer and much lower ABV.

The cask version is completely different and much lower ABV, very nice to have a few in a pub.

My favorite bottled Adnams is Ghost Ship but that's probably because light hoppy pale ales are my preference.

Back