Advice for check valve with beer engine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that.

Seal the spout between sessions and the beer in the cylinder remains drinkable for at least a day (the carbonation diminishes though). I use solenoid valves to automate this.

I only rarely (every three weeks, a month perhaps) rinse out my pumps. I don't like wasting beer either, or diluting it with rinse water. The drain valve is a sound idea ... I've got them too, but the cylinder can't drain because of the "serviceable" flapper valves which isn't so good! There's always some rinse water remaining in the pump after rinsing, which is why I try to avoid rinsing.

I can see that.

Seal the spout between sessions and the beer in the cylinder remains drinkable for at least a day (the carbonation diminishes though). I use solenoid valves to automate this.

I only rarely (every three weeks, a month perhaps) rinse out my pumps. I don't like wasting beer either, or diluting it with rinse water. The drain valve is a sound idea ... I've got them too, but the cylinder can't drain because of the "serviceable" flapper valves which isn't so good! There's always some rinse water remaining in the pump after rinsing, which is why I try to avoid rinsing.
I just got in touch with RLBS and ordered that part. I'll report back if it works!

I can see that.

Jus fitted the new demand valve @peebee and it works brilliantly! Fantastic idea, and as you say, actually far more convenient for serving at home. Thanks for your help!

Back