Advice needed on Buffalo boiler: thermal cutoff, etc...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlacat

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm aware that there are ca. 15m discussions on modifying Buffalo boilers, but I'm not quite finding the answer to my problem. So here it goes...

I recently purchased a Buffalo GL349 (https://www.nisbets.co.uk/buffalo-manua ... iler/gl349), only to find out - while brewing - that it cuts out just under 100c.
eusa_doh.gif

I've seen various solutions online, but I'm just wondering which is the easiest and most effective way to get around this. These methods have included, for example, bypassing the thermal cutoff switch using a ceramic block. However, would it work if I simply removed the thermostat from underneath the element, and taped this to the base of the boiler (i.e. away from the heat)? Or would I still need to bypass or disconnect the thermal cutoff?

Thanks in advance.

What i did was unscrew the temp sensor from the bottom plate and tape it onto the side. This way it will only work on and off but i have never had a cut out and you don't need to rewire anything. You don't need to touch the wiring.

Back