After 'Have a go at a simple AG'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve not used build your own recipe before just order all from the Malts page.

Sounds like it will make some decent stout/porter recipes. Adjust your grain bill to get the desired OG/ABV and then take a look at the style guide for porter/stout/imperial stout to give yourself a starter for ibu.

i would try a “traditional” style with just 60 minute bittering hops, and then I’d try a later hopped version. Maybe also have a look at black ipa style guidelines.

I’ve not used build your own recipe before just order all from the Malts page.

Sounds like it will make some decent stout/porter recipes. Adjust your grain bill to get the desired OG/ABV and then take a look at the style guide for porter/stout/imperial stout to give yourself a starter for ibu.

i would try a “traditional” style with just 60 minute bittering hops, and then I’d try a later hopped version. Maybe also have a look at black ipa style guidelines.
Thanks 👍👍

That's going to be one big beer, what batch size are you going to do? I might suggest a through mix and then doing two batches. But I might also suggest, saying ******** to it and making an experience you won't forget.

Either way, let us know how you get on.

Any ideas on your hops?

That's going to be one big beer, what batch size are you going to do? I might suggest a through mix and then doing two batches. But I might also suggest, saying ******** to it and making an experience you won't forget.

Either way, let us know how you get on.

Any ideas on your hops?

I've got challenger and mandarina leaf hops.

The idea was just to get 5kg of maris otter to last me a while!

How bigs your pot? It might be a squeeze

Not sure! It's from a catering kitchen - 10 to 12l probably. There's one about 3x the size, but I think my puny gas hob will struggle to get it anywhere.

Think I'll stick to 5l at the moment anyway.

If I were you I would get another 10kg of MO and blend it with that grain bill as there is far to much speciality malts there and give it a damn good mix and make a few batches. I would contemplate even 15kg...use different hops and yeast in each brew..

If I were you I would get another 10kg of MO and blend it with that grain bill as there is far to much speciality malts there and give it a damn good mix and make a few batches. I would contemplate even 15kg...use different hops and yeast in each brew..

Maybe I'll win the hops raffle!

Back