AG#11 another IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last IPA on ag#7 went down an absolute treat. Very tasty. So tasty i sank the lot in way too short a time!
Time to put another one on, but i am running short on everything now, so this is a user up'er

4kg Irish malt
80gm crystal malt 110ebc
90gm rolled oats

17l mash at 65c for an hour followed by a 6l dunk sparge and a good bag squeeze
Leaving 21l wort for a 60 minute boil

Hops
20gm admiral at 60min
30gm Cascade at 5min
40gm citra will go in as a dry hop on day 5

CML pale ale yeast

17l in to the fv and once its cooled tomorrow i will take an OG and dilute the wort to a sensible 1.050 if it needs it. But i reckon it should be about right unless i hit 75% or more efficiency.
Shooting for 5% though, so may need a couple of litres adding.

Should be about 40IBUs and SRM of 8 with a pleasant citrus hop aroma.

The last IPA on ag#7 went down an absolute treat. Very tasty. So tasty i sank the lot in way too short a time!
Time to put another one on, but i am running short on everything now, so this is a user up'er
<>

17l in to the fv and once its cooled tomorrow i will take an OG and dilute the wort to a sensible 1.050 if it needs it. But i reckon it should be about right unless i hit 75% or more efficiency.
Shooting for 5% though, so may need a couple of litres adding.

Should be about 40IBUs and SRM of 8 with a pleasant citrus hop aroma.

Looking good, with a bitter-ratio of 0.8 so right up there with the US ales!

Forgot to update this;
Didnt hit my numbers, ended up having to dilute to 19l to get an OG of 1.050.
Primary fermentation has stopped now, so dropped in the last 40gm of citra i had in the freezer. Now i'm going away on monday, so this is only going to get 4/5 days dry hop before i have to bottle it. Poor timing on my part!

Had over a week to carb up and had a sneaky taste... Home brew twang / TCP type flavours.
Really really annoyed.
35 bottles of slop.

I'll give it 4 weeks and try another, but ag4 tasted similar and after 3 months it was still rank and got ditched.

Latest posts

Back