Aint Microbrewers Friendly eh?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
In my lunchbreak today I popped down to my local Frog Island (micro) Brewery.

What a friendly couple of fellas they are :) Got to have a look around their plant, some of which was manufactured by one of the fellas as he was a welder by trade. Really goes to show you can make a 10BBL brewery on a shoe string. It cost him £150 to make the boiler :shock:

I was quite stunned to see their 3 open topped fermenting beds/vessels. I thought most brewers these days used conicals!

Walked away with two bottles of each of the three beers they had in bottle stock. Will be tasting them tonight and post my results ;)

they're also going to give me a ring next time they head south to grab some bottles ;)

unfortunately they wont fill my cornies if i like any of their beer :( but they will let me walk away with a polypin full :clap:

i was about to until they mentioned how hard they're finding it to locate cascade and a few others. they dont appear to keep much stock, either that or i came at a bad time hehe

You can always drop it into the conversation on your next visit, maybe you can even bring them some tasters from your brewery ;)

yeah.

i'm hoping to build a bit of an acquaintance ;)

we talked for my whole lunchbreak, i mentioned a brew pub i'd been to in kettering recently and he reminded me of the fella i spoke to, aparently they're good friends.

tightly knit industry this..

right i'm gunna reivew the third and final of their beers... the smell of this is taunting me!!!!

Based on my experience with my local micro i'll have to agree, they are really friendly and seem to be willing to answer questions and show off their latest bit of shiny :cool: They are a great source of grain and hops for the home brewer, as long as I don't take the P*** they'll let me have anything. Out of courtesy I drop the head brewer an email a week before I visit telling him what i'd like to buy and arranging a time.

I'm there on Friday, I'll try to get some photos of their new FV's :grin:

wez, care to add to the Brewery Review?

i've got a post waiting for a new section in brew reviews ;)

Back