Air friers and the like

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are very satisfied with our Tefal air fryer. It can hold appr. 0,6 kg of fries, or potatoes, or croquettes, or other specialty potato dishes. We also use it for fish sticks, dutch bitterballs, Asian snacks, etc.

Biggest motivation was to get rid of frying oil and dirty frying kettle and all the maintenance.

Now come, come. What's all this namby-pamby "food" caper? I bought my air-fryer for one purpose only; making ...

BEER! 🥳

An "Instant Pot" Air Fryer to replace the earlier model of "Instant Pot" when I figured it wasn't going to do the job (excessive single-mindedness?). The air fryer addition means I can "bake" at a very precise 115°C, just right for cooking sugar syrup (I'm using Lyle's Golden Syrup) to make Brewers' Invert Sugar (No.2 and No.3). Haven't tried it yet, but have 7+Kgs of Golden Syrup (Lyle's - that's important) to make a start. Really need to source a Pyrex covered inner pot of the right size. Biggest headache is the timer setting has a maximum 1 hour duration so there's a bit of manual phaffing about.

Meanwhile ...

They don't half make good chips! (And also excellent for heating mince pies over the Xmas period).

Spent 2 years living in Cyprus. Halloumi wrapped in bacon cooked in the air fryer and served with sweet chilli & hot honey dips are our go to party starter. Loved by all who have tried them.

If it helps, I started off with a Cosori, worked very well but difficult to clean and fell apart after a couple of months. Now have a Gourmia purchased from Costco which is the best kitchen appliance I have ever owned, hardly use the main oven now.

My son just sent us another air frier so we now have two. Will use the first one to cook chicken thighs tonight marinated in 5 spice, garlic, soy and chilli.

We bought the Power air fryer XL a couple of years ago we use it nearly every day and its still working fine -

View attachment 60915We got a Ninja Foodi 9 in 1 at Black Friday prices. Great bit of kit but there’s a bit of faff swapping from pressure cook to air fry as a different lid is used. The new ones with smart lid will be more convenient.

To be able to pressure cook a joint of pork then air fry to make superb crackling is brilliant.

In that case I'm sold! 😁

Been trying to do decent crackling for years & tried loads of methods. Came to the conclusion it's our oven not getting hot enough

If this makes cracking crackling I'm in! 😉

04DB7B1E-4238-4037-A2CB-6E7FA0DEFA23.jpeg

Just out of interest guys, what sort of size/capacity would you need to comfortably cook a 2.5 - 3kg chicken or joint of meat?

Are there any key features to always look out for/avoid when purchasing?

This thread had got me hungry! 🤤😉

Another Ninja 9 in 1 convert here. An absolutely fantastic bit if kit. The way it cooks whole chickens and various joints of meat is brilliant. It makes fantastic chips also. The slow cooker mode is also really good for stews etc. I would highly recommend one to anyone.

I bought the Instant Pot Duo Crisp on a Black Friday deal. I already have an Actifry and an Instant Pot pressure cooker, so this relaced them both.
Not got to do too much with it except chips TBH but they're great!
Intend to progress onto chicken etc asap doing the pressure cook then air fry.
Plenty of good YouTube videos for inspiration.

Latest posts

Back