Air friers and the like

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must not buy another kitchen gadget.... 😡

It's not so much I don't want one it's just trying to find space for the thing 😆 The wife and I both do a fair bit of cooking so the things we do own see a fair bit of use, we already have Panasonic Breadmaker (great, mmm fresh bread!), Kenwood Chef Mixer along with food processor and liquidiser add-ons, family sized slow cooker, steamer and probably other bits I can't think of. All great but now no cupboard space. I want an air fryer 😂

All great but now no cupboard space. I want an air fryer 😂

We had the same problem so we gave the halogen oven and bread maker away as we rarely used them, the air fryer fits perfectly, this does get used a lot ;)

Last edited:
Must not buy another kitchen gadget.... 😡

It's not so much I don't want one it's just trying to find space for the thing 😆 The wife and I both do a fair bit of cooking so the things we do own see a fair bit of use, we already have Panasonic Breadmaker (great, mmm fresh bread!), Kenwood Chef Mixer along with food processor and liquidiser add-ons, family sized slow cooker, steamer and probably other bits I can't think of. All great but now no cupboard space. I want an air fryer 😂

Get a ninja 9 in 1 and a few of the other gadgets can be sold on

C32BBE30-C8EB-4D99-885F-3EB4573318AC.jpeg

Tandoori paneer in the air fryer tonight crisped up well, served with sag dahl and naan bread.

Inspired by this thread made air fried buttermilk chicken thighs this evening. Served in a brioche bun with lettuce, blue cheese dressing, cheese slice, pickled cucumber, hot sauce and served with thick cut chips. Puts the colonel to shame!

Attachments

• E852B059-684F-461D-AFA0-FBB17C3D689E.jpeg
    E852B059-684F-461D-AFA0-FBB17C3D689E.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 40
We have a COSORI around 5l and is really useful considering we also have a double oven and all 3 maybe on the go for dinner or if the wife is baking and making dinner.
Check out this channel on YouTube.

I was gonna mention that channel too. I’ve just found it and I love it. It’s called ‘fabulously frugal’, although she spells it fabulessly 😂

Trying to decide which air fryer to get, but Cosori seems to be the market leader. Wondered if anyone has any updated advice?

I would like one with a viewing window.

Last edited:
I like to do the roast potatoes in our air fryer if doing a full bells and whistles Sunday lunch. Space can be tight in the oven, especially if I'm doing proper <The County that should not be spoken> Puddings, as they take up a lot of space once risen.

I par boil the tates, then roll them around a stainless colendar in some oil. 30 mins on 200°c and they are bang on. I can bung something on the top rack of the air fryer at the same time if needed - pigs on blankets or whatever.

What models does anyone recommend please? I was looking at those with a glass front and then I realised those ones don't have a basket. I really like this first one but I don't think it'd work for the type of food I'd be cooking and I'd prefer one with a pull-out basket now I think. What does everyone think? I was considering this first one initially :-

https://www.towerhousewares.co.uk/t...tal-air-fryer-oven-with-rotisserie-black.html
but now I'm liking this one:-

https://www.johnlewis.com/ninja-foo...6y2qzDPmo-Td7fBa1FIaAqUwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
What models does anyone recommend please? I was looking at those with a glass front and then I realised those ones don't have a basket. I really like this first one but I don't think it'd work for the type of food I'd be cooking and I'd prefer one with a pull-out basket now I think. What does everyone think? I was considering this first one initially :-

https://www.towerhousewares.co.uk/t...tal-air-fryer-oven-with-rotisserie-black.html
but now I'm liking this one:-

https://www.johnlewis.com/ninja-foo...6y2qzDPmo-Td7fBa1FIaAqUwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
We have a Ninja 9 in 1 which is an air fryer amongst other things. They are wonderful bits of kit and we've recommended them to lots of friends and family. They can be more expensive than other brands but I think they are the best products on the market. We have their pans too which are brilliant too. If its a ninja when it comes to kitchen products I'd always say go for it!!

Ah, so someone's re-awoken this thread. And I'm in it singing the praises of airfriers to caramelise sugar solutions to create "Invert Syrup" (for brewing beer!).

This was before I learnt caramelising sugar to make "Invert Sugar" was complete boll****: Just in case anyone picks up this "tip".

Damn, those Ninja one's do look better than the one I got too.

We have a Ninja 9 in 1 which is an air fryer amongst other things. They are wonderful bits of kit and we've recommended them to lots of friends and family. They can be more expensive than other brands but I think they are the best products on the market. We have their pans too which are brilliant too. If its a ninja when it comes to kitchen products I'd always say go for it!!
Can second this. For someone who doesn't have much time for cooking, I find them to be a useful piece of kit

Re the ninja 9-1, would you say these are cheaper than running an electric oven?
it will be just the 2 of us soon as the eldest daughter is moving in with her BF and the youngest will be back at uni.

Re the ninja 9-1, would you say these are cheaper than running an electric oven?
it will be just the 2 of us soon as the eldest daughter is moving in with her BF and the youngest will be back at uni.
They've got to be surely. Less space to heat up and maintain the temperature of. Was just looking on the website and the 15in1 is 1760W. The larger of the two domestic ovens I have at home needs a 14A supply so could pull 3360W so nearly twice that of the Ninja. Admittedly it probably doesn't do that as there's probably only one function on it that needs that much power e.g. if I use the quick heat up function or pyrolytic cleaning but still it likely needs more power than the Ninja.

Latest posts

Back