Aldi - Home Brew Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Releasing the C02 wont do any harm (It would be a bit like venting a cask, like a cellar man would do in a pub) so I'd do that if I was concerned. What style of beer is it? If it's an English style, you want lower carbonation anyway

@halfhorse did you leave the yellow cap loose to allow CO2 to escape?

I have moved your question into a recet thread on these kits please read from post one for more info.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I tightened the yellow cap after the initial fermentation period but I guess I still need to leave it slightly loose to prevent a potentially disastrous build up of CO2. I'll keep you posted.

Well my Muntons BIAB was a bit of a disaster. Not that much carbonation, the bag did not inflate to bursting point as I've read other folk have experienced. Perhaps a faulty cap?

Anyway, had half a pint and the beer tasted very weak.

My sink drank the rest...

Having just watched the video i am interested in trying this as it seems a very easy way to make what he calls good quality beer.
(as many members know i don't have room to make wine and beer)

Do you tighten the cap at the top fully when you pour as not doing so will allow air into the bag ?

Is no carbonation a problem or will there be enough CO2 to make a decent pint?

My question is just how not carbonated it will be as it seems to carry on to the end of fermentation but not kegging or bottling. I would like to read feedback.

Latest posts

Back