Aldi "Mulled Wine Warmer" - BIAB / HLT etc.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
https://www.aldi.co.uk/stainless-steel-mulled-wine-warmer/p/810226570999500https://www.aldi.co.uk/black-mulled-wine-warmer/p/810227570999700
Looks kind of interesting. Certainly could be used as a sparge water heater. Might hold a boil if hacked around (i.e. bypass the thermostat).

1639412058851.png
1639412103435.png

Last edited by a moderator:
a SS warmer has just arrived - hopefully I will be able to experiment with it after the holidays. My only gripe is it was listed as 39.99 euros on Aldi Süd website !! G

Links don’t appear to work any more :-) as you say, it looks handy as a sparge water heater - what capacity is it?
A generic tea urn with a wire rack added to the base so as to avoid direct contact with the base.I have a 20 ltr one which I converted to a heat exchanger a few years back but the stat is out by a few degrees and can be got for around £50....Definitely good for a sparge heater.

the stat is out by a few degrees and can be got for around £50....Definitely good for a sparge heater.

I bought a similar on ebay and also bought and added one othe these type of thermometer.

ebay thermometer

I found I have to set the temp lower to start and raise the temp to get the temp where I want it or leave it on for a fair while as when it heats it tends to run over temp.

I think for the money and ease they are good options for heating sparge water.

buddsy

bypass the thermostat somehow to get a boil if its possible . if it fails to boil ideal for small batch / mash / boil in the bag very very tempted at that price

It does say "variable temperature 40-100°C"
although presumably it would cycle off until a few degrees below 100 before it kicks in again. Even so - still might be OK? 🤔

Latest posts

Back