Aldi Punk IPA copy, anyone tried it ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milesey

Reaction score
I have and it’s **** !

Try one by all means but it’s a hell of a disappointment and not cheap either !

Also anyone seen the new cans of Punk IPA? 440ml and 3,40 each from my local Tesco Xpress

4 x 330 ml are 6£ or 8 for 9£ - mental !

I think the Yaldi IPA is made by brew dog. The Aldi sourced one was called "Anti Establishment IPA" or something and brew dog had them via Twitter.

Attachments

• DA9B2C53-40B1-4E54-9194-794046E3966F.jpeg
    DA9B2C53-40B1-4E54-9194-794046E3966F.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 197
If it's the Anti Establishment IPA you mean, then I had it last week and it was absolutely rank. Bloody awful beer, tasted like sugar puffs that had been soaked in water 😝

It’s fking **** 💩

I haven't had Punk in years so I couldn't compare properly. The original Punk is one of the beers that first got me into decent beer. It was 6.2% (I think) at the time and it was lovely, almost puckeringly grapefruity. They reformulated it, dropped it to 5.6% or so and it was never nearly as good, and I'd guess they've slowly dropped the hops out of it to save cash as they've become everything they ever railed against - just another bland faux-craft brewery wearing the dead skin mask of the rebels they purported to be.

Clever marketing though, but **** 'em.

The Aldi version isn't good but it's nowhere near as bad as people say. It's a bland rip off of a bland rip off of itself.

Back