Aldi Yorkshire Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Michael Burnley

Reaction score
Hello my brewing buddies

I picked this up in Aldi today, £1.49

Brewed at Black Sheep Brewery, not opened mine yet, but it should be good with that pedigree

Anybody tried it yet ?

yorkshire bitter.jpg

Attachments

• yorkshire bitter.jpg
    yorkshire bitter.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0

Slid

Forum Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a recipe in GW's book for Black Sheep Ale and I doubt it is likely to much different to the Supermarket versions. Pale, Crystal and Torrified Wheat to something like 1050 OG and then the "older" English hops for bittering to 36 IBUs and a smaller charge of Goldings at 10mins.

Reaction score
There is a recipe in GW's book for Black Sheep Ale and I doubt it is likely to much different to the Supermarket versions. Pale, Crystal and Torrified Wheat to something like 1050 OG and then the "older" English hops for bittering to 36 IBUs and a smaller charge of Goldings at 10mins.
I've brewed it a couple of times and can highly recommend it

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also...what yeast? I've brewed a few "Yorkshire " Bitters and usually use Notty or MJ Liberty. They're "nearly" right but I think it's the yeast choice is where they're lacking and maybe water profile.

Reaction score
Also...what yeast? I've brewed a few "Yorkshire " Bitters and usually use Notty or MJ Liberty. They're "nearly" right but I think it's the yeast choice is where they're lacking and maybe water profile.

I would go with Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale, I know Masham is in North Yorkshire but that won't be far off the mark.

Latest posts