Alex Salmond cleared

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't read much about the case but assumed it wasn't going to end well for him, i was not expecting that.

Alex Salmond cleared of all sexual assault charges

Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assaulting nine women while he was Scotland's first minister.

A jury found the former SNP leader not guilty on 12 of the sexual assault charges facing him, while another was found not proven.

A further charge of sexually assaulting a 10th woman had previously been dropped by prosecutors.

Mr Salmond had said he was innocent of all the charges against him throughout the two-week trial.

He told the court that the claims made about his alleged conduct were "deliberate fabrications for a political purpose" or "exaggerations".

The jury returned not guilty verdicts on 12 charges and returned a not proven verdict on a charge of sexual assault with intent to rape.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

You can receive Breaking News on a smartphone or tablet via the
BBC News App. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52004285

Neither did I. He may have been fitted up as they say for political reasons is the first opinions that are coming out but still shocked with the result.
However unfortunately mud sticks and fear his political career will be hard to resurrect

Latest posts

Back