All Grain All-In-One-Brew-System

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burlyman

Reaction score
I've been brewing now for about 7 years with my Grainfather all-in-one-system, but recently I have seen many similar or 'copy' all grain systems in the market..
I will list a few ( under £ 1000- ) with their price details..
I was wondering if anyone has tried some of these home brew systems and could maybe leave feedback or a review on them..

1. Mundschenk xxl Mash Kettle - £419
1.jpg

2. Maischfest Boiler Mash Kettle - £219
2.jpg

3. Brauheld 15 Mash Kettle - £299
3.jpg

4. OneConcept Hopfengott Mash Kettle - £219
4.jpg

5. Bulldog Master Brewer - £552
5.png

6. Brew Devil - £359
6.jpg

7. Brewzilla - £320
7.jpg

8. Brew Monk Magnus - £495
9.png

9. Easybrew - £320
8.jpg

Maybe you have experience with or can think of another system...?

Cheers!

Why do you want to change your system? What isn’t it doing that you want it to? I’ve used both a Grainfather and a BrewZilla and found the BZ to be the equal of, and in some respects much better than, the Grainfather.
The only reason I sold my Grainfather was due to moving from the other side of the world and my wife decided it was more important to have clothes than brewing equipment...

I have a Bulldog Master Brewer only recently purchased..done two brews with it and found it easy to use.

I have the Brewolution Brewster Beacon (similar to the Brew Monk Magnus) and I'm happy with the process and how it works.

I notice that on all but one of those the controller is in the base, doesn't that make it awkward for setting or reading the display?

Why do you want to change your system? What isn’t it doing that you want it to? I’ve used both a Grainfather and a BrewZilla and found the BZ to be the equal of, and in some respects much better than, the Grainfather.
The only reason I sold my Grainfather was due to moving from the other side of the world and my wife decided it was more important to have clothes than brewing equipment...

I'm definitely not changing..I'm a full blooded Grainfather fan and just waiting for them to do fine tune the 70L version then I'm in.. athumb.. I just thought it might be interesting to know... I know of a few friends who like to get into all grain brewing but do have a restricted budget (she only drinks cider..) ..., if that makes sense.....

I notice that on all but one of those the controller is in the base, doesn't that make it awkward for setting or reading the display?
They're not difficult to read but they are to adjust, especially as I don't have mine at worktop height (I have it lower) so it makes lifting the grain basket up for sparging.

After 40+ years of 3 vessel brewing I decided to go for the single unit last year. Totally a practical decision as I slowly become an even older fart. I took advantage of last years Brewcon to look at a few on display which was good timing as it was just before black Friday. The first thing that stood out for me with a metal manufacturing background is I felt the grainfather stood out build wise, although I have since seen a friends Braumeister and that wins hands down but is very pricey. I also looked at the position of the control panel and only the grainfather was in a sensible position. I could read the lower ones but at my age if I needed to bend to work the panel that was a big disadvantage. The thing that tipped the balance for me was the grainfather was the only one that included a counterflow wort chiller which is something I've wanted for a while. After after 5 months of brewing on the grainfather the only thing I don't like is the screw connecters for the chiller and recirculation arm, could do with a quick release. The counter flow chiller cuts a decent amount of time off the brewday, I have cooled 25lt in 15 mins, and I've not seen one on sale on it's own in the UK. You do pay more for the grainfather but as with most thing you get what you pay for.

After 40+ years of 3 vessel brewing I decided to go for the single unit last year. Totally a practical decision as I slowly become an even older fart. I took advantage of last years Brewcon to look at a few on display which was good timing as it was just before black Friday. The first thing that stood out for me with a metal manufacturing background is I felt the grainfather stood out build wise, although I have since seen a friends Braumeister and that wins hands down but is very pricey. I also looked at the position of the control panel and only the grainfather was in a sensible position. I could read the lower ones but at my age if I needed to bend to work the panel that was a big disadvantage. The thing that tipped the balance for me was the grainfather was the only one that included a counterflow wort chiller which is something I've wanted for a while. After after 5 months of brewing on the grainfather the only thing I don't like is the screw connecters for the chiller and recirculation arm, could do with a quick release. The counter flow chiller cuts a decent amount of time off the brewday, I have cooled 25lt in 15 mins, and I've not seen one on sale on it's own in the UK. You do pay more for the grainfather but as with most thing you get what you pay for.
In case you fancied switching them over BrewKegTap sell an upgrade for the screw connectors on the GF so they are more like the BrewZilla connectors

https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/grainfather-sparge-arm-camlock-conversion-kit-type-2

I have seen many a youtube vlog, where if you raise it so you can use the controller, then they struggle to lift the malt pipe, not mocking but it is an obvious design problem, unless the controller is mounted mid way.

Klarstein make a brewer with a portable controller that is cheaper than the Grainfather.

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/?cl=det...&varselid[0]=82d75f5ed5500fb437e2356f6138fbb6
Also, look at the Bulldog Master Brewer.

Neither of those 2 where on show at brewcon so i was not able to compare. The fact the GF comes with a counterflow chiller was a big plus for me as at the time of buying they were only available from the US and work out over £100 which makes those units a similar price to what I paid.

I could not agree more with you.. I see that you can still pick them up for around £670- at one or two shops, but most of them are now in the £800 to £870 range. I just hope that they could sort out the G70's teething problems as I'm very interested in getting one.. Having said that I'm sure that some of the other systems also work well for less that half the price.. I guess it depends on your budget...

I could not agree more with you.. I see that you can still pick them up for around £670- at one or two shops, but most of them are now in the £800 to £870 range. I just hope that they could sort out the G70's teething problems as I'm very interested in getting one.. Having said that I'm sure that some of the other systems also work well for less that half the price.. I guess it depends on your budget...

Mine was £590 on last year's black Friday

I have seen many a youtube vlog, where if you raise it so you can use the controller, then they struggle to lift the malt pipe, not mocking but it is an obvious design problem, unless the controller is mounted mid way.
I completely agree - I much prefer the Grainfather design of having the controller mounted higher up

Latest posts

Back