All-in-One All Grain System - Minimum Brew Volumes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've moved from bucket kits to small all-grain BIAB - the step up in quality is marked, but so is the step up in effort!

Time to invest in an all-in-one system.

Candidates are:

Brewzilla 3.1.1 35L
Brouland Brew Monk 30L
Grainfather G30 30L

Though cost makes the Brewzilla and Brew Monk favourites at this point!

One thing that is of particular interest is the ability to brew smaller batches - make mistakes, learn, throw away or drink - probably 11L, which would also allow the Brew Store 11 all-grain kits into play.

Does anyone know what the minimum bathches are brewable for each please?

I'll throw the Klarstein Maischfest into the mix too. Doesn't have the recirculating pump included, but you could cobble it together if you wanted to later on. It's great value for money. Check out HifiTower for Grade B items. I think I paid about £120 for mines.

Exclude the Grainfather on overpriced cost alone it does exactly the same job as the others at nearly twice the cost. Its been bulled up as better this and that but uses the same bonded element and pump as most of the opposition so no more reliable, in fact the Brewzilla has had better revues at a massive saving

One extra you can buy for the grainfather is a small batch malt pipe. Does what is says on the tin.

So the Brewmonk 30 and Brewster Beacon 40 and The Brewdevil are essentially the same machine built in the same group of factories in China minor differences but essentially the same. The Grainfather cost wise is rather expensive but a good machine and is also built in China.

I have a Brewster Beacon from Geterbrewed £350 I did have a few problems with it so contacted geterbrewed on a Sunday by Wednesday the Manufacturer had replaced the malt pipe and thermal fuse. Cant fault the service at all it’s worth noting that Geterbrewed sell the Brewmonk for the same price as well.

So the Brewmonk 30 and Brewster Beacon 40 and The Brewdevil are essentially the same machine built in the same group of factories in China minor differences but essentially the same. The Grainfather cost wise is rather expensive but a good machine and is also built in China.

I have a Brewster Beacon from Geterbrewed £350 I did have a few problems with it so contacted geterbrewed on a Sunday by Wednesday the Manufacturer had replaced the malt pipe and thermal fuse. Cant fault the service at all it’s worth noting that Geterbrewed sell the Brewmonk for the same price as well.
Yep, Geterbrewed exactly where I was looking - started out with their Experimental Kits, really good stuff and great service

Latest posts

Back