All in one systems

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum
When you say Modular do you mean you can replace the parts such as heating element pump etc?

If you know what ones you are interested in, you could just search the name of it on this forum to see people opinions, results, niggles and modifications.

You don't need one to knock out good beer though & there are also plenty of threads on equipment needed, from minimum cost to 3 vessel system.

I may be wrong but think the Braumeister is one of the only all in ones on sale here where you can replace all the parts.

A detailed look around a Speidel Braumeister 20L+

I may be wrong but think the Braumeister is one of the only all in ones on sale here where you can replace all the parts.

A detailed look around a Speidel Braumeister 20L+

Yes that’s all I could see to be honest. Price is extortionate for those though. I like the all in one grain feathers etc but don’t like the idea of something going wrong and not being able to replace or fix easily. Just surprised there isn’t more like the spike solo or uni brau in the UK.

Yes that’s all I could see to be honest.
Price is extortionate for those though.

The Braumeister which has been around for years doesn't look such a bad deal when you compare it to the two systems you mentioned below certainly not as extortionate as you made out above and the Baumeister has hundreds if not thousands of brilliant reviews i am not sure if those could compete.

Spike Solo System
Starting at $1,525
Threaded Fittings

Spike+ Solo System
Starting at $1,675
Tri-Clamp Fittings

Unibrau =
$ 1,669.00

You do know that apart from the heating element on most of the AIO's from the Grainfather down to the BrewMonk Klarstein etc you can replace most of the other items like pumps and to be honest they are pretty reliable. I have done over 150 brews in my AIO system and it is still going and the only thing you can not replace on mine is the heating element.
They are mass produced many being the same with different badging on and that is why they are half price and less than such as the Braumeister plus they maybe use thicker stainless and thats why they are more expensive.
So you pays your money and takes your choice

The Braumeister which has been around for years doesn't look such a bad deal when you compare it to the two systems you mentioned below certainly not as extortionate as you made out above and the Baumeister has hundreds if not thousands of brilliant reviews i am not sure if those could compete.

Spike Solo System
Starting at $1,525
Threaded Fittings

Spike+ Solo System
Starting at $1,675
Tri-Clamp Fittings

Unibrau =
$ 1,669.00

Thanks for all of your comments guys and I agree the price is not so bad when you look at it like that. I have the option of purchasing one of the spike or unibrau units as I have relatives in the US who could source for me. In reality if you had the budget would you go for a braumeister, spike or unibrau?

In reality if you had the budget would you go for a braumeister, spike or unibrau?

I would read a few reviews and buy the best system that would suit my needs and bearing in mind you can buy these in the UK for around £400 - £600 saving you many hundreds of pounds measning you could buy another if (and its a big if) you were very unlucky and something broke that couldn't be replaced, many members have used these systems and i can only remember one that had an element go and if i remember right he found out you can buy the whole base unit separately so even though the element is not replaceable its not the end of the system if it does go.

bbbbb.jpg

yep and they are good as I said I have done 150 brews on mine and still going thats £2 per brew as paid £290 for mine years ago

If you look everything is replaceable apart from the bonded heating elements which are so reliable in fact you can get so many new accessories that have been developed for these systems new bottom plate, sparge arms, glycol chillers hop rockets etc why do you need more all for £350 to £650

Wow so that solved the bonded heating element then, I have never seen that before that' makes it a fully replaceable system then

I have one for sale 😉
The three main parts that can fail - the element, the pump, and the controller are all separate and if they should fail can be easily interchanged.
You could always build your own - the basic principles of AIO are simple.

I have one for sale 😉
The three main parts that can fail - the element, the pump, and the controller are all separate and if they should fail can be easily interchanged.
You could always build your own - the basic principles of AIO are simple.

Thanks guys I think I’m gearing towards one of those now. Does anyone see any benefit of the other type (spike / unibrau) systems?

Well me personally no they are for the more discerning brewers and have there place but basically do the same thing.
I love my Ace all in one and will replace it when it does finally give up the ghost with a similar model thats if I do not replace the parts but it has been so reliable for £290

Hi i have 2 klarstein biab over 50 brews done no probs it's duty now is heating my sparge water, system 2 brewzilla 35L gen3, 6 brews done no problems, you can check it here Robobrew / Brewzilla Microbrewery (angelhomebrew.co.uk) for a sub £400-00 unit they are well worth the money

They look units, I guess the question is do they have any drawbacks or things that could be better. Or any bug bares with them?

Back