Already to give up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funtimephil

Reaction score
hi all, only been at this a few days and I'm ready to give up. Every pump has disentangle sizes connectors and they are all caked different things, all kegs and bibs are the same its a nightmare. I now have 2 beer engines and neither work. The first, nobody at all seems to know what connector I need to get it to work so now I just have a show pump so I got an angram pump but the pipe is 1/2. What is the name of the part below and can I change it to accept 3/8 pipe?
20200430_115358.jpg

Thank you but this seems to have a valve in to stop the beer coming back out. Do these barbs have the same?

I am looking to do something similar ( I.e. connect a 3/8 beer line to my Angram) over the weekend. Will keep notes and take some photos and report back.

Let me get this straight. You have stiff 3/8 beer line coming from a keg and you want to connect it to your anagram?

First off never use the words give and up together, what you have is a barbed connector, if you can't get a replacement from one of the pump manufacturers, then just buy a standard connector. I am not sure if the thread is BSP, you can buy various size barbed in line plastic check valves on Aliexpress. I take it by the word "pipe" you mean tube.

I have the above valve coming out of the cylinder, a 1/2 tube is on it and I want to connect to a 3/8 tail.

I think the fastest way is connect 1/2 pipe to the outlet on the pump then use one of these secured with jubilee clips

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164056520584
Then one of these that connects to the beer line.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184224770642
Edited to make it right.

Perfect thank you. Until I find out what that valve is to connect to this will at least allow me to to pull beer through.

Any help with my other pump it's an old worthside pump. What can be screwed on here??
20200426_075751.jpg

Her I have no idea about the other pump as I said the other night. I think whoever you got it from also couldn't make it work and that's why you acquired it.

Perfect thank you. Until I find out what that valve is to connect to this will at least allow me to to pull beer through.

Any help with my other pump it's an old worthside pump. What can be screwed on here??
View attachment 25153
Actually I'm not sure this will work. I thought you where trying to connect to 3/8 beer line.

Can you not just attach a 12mm pipe to the 3/8 then clamp the 1/2 pipe over that. Not perfect but should at least make it work in the short term.

Actually I'm not sure this will work. I thought you where trying to connect to 3/8 beer line.

Can you not just attach a 12mm pipe to the 3/8 then clamp the 1/2 pipe over that. Not perfect but should at least make it work in the short term.

Well I am i have 3/8 line here so basically I have a pull with 1/2 tube coming out and a bib with 3/8 tube coming out. This can join them up can't it?

Latest posts

Back