Already to give up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. You need the connector (female) to connect the 3/8 stem to your 3/8 beerline

Thank you again, I'll order one. Just for my understanding though because I'm getting so confused. If that first connector is 1/2 to 3/8, why won't a 3/8 tube slide over? If the 1/2 pipe slides over the 1/2 side of the connector, it doesn't make sense to me why a 3/8 pipe doesn't slide over the 3/8 side without another adapter

Thank you again, I'll order one. Just for my understanding though because I'm getting so confused. If that first connector is 1/2 to 3/8, why won't a 3/8 tube slide over? If the 1/2 pipe slides over the 1/2 side of the connector, it doesn't make sense to me why a 3/8 pipe doesn't slide over the 3/8 side without another adapter
This is where it can get confusing.
The 1/2 inch barb will take tube with a 1/2 inch internal diameter (i.e. silicone or soft plastic tube is sold as 1/2 inch internal diameter).
3/8 Beerline (the hard plastic variety) has an outside diameter of 3/8 inch. The smooth part of the one with the barb will take 3/8 john guest coupler. As long as you have 3/8 external diameter hard plastic beerline then that will also fit in the JG coupler.
Hope the above makes sense. If your beerline is soft and 3/8 inch internal then you may be able to push it over the 3/8 side of the barb but you will need a good clamp as the fitting is smooth..

Last edited:
Just measured my tube (ooh er) and the inside is just under half inch and the outside is just over half so looks like I won't need the adapter.

Back