'Alright' from South East London (SE12)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooperob

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join. I have been using this forum for a while but thought it was time to sign up and join in.
I managed to convince the wife to convert our garage into an outbuilding office / man cave (which she renamed to 'Rave Cave' - i like it!) with separate brewery built in. I have been brewing on and off for about 10yrs but I have been regularly brewing all grain since Nov 2019 and have learnt so much, but there is so much more i want / need to learn.... with your help.
Covid put a stop to mass face-to-face chats but if anyone is in the S.E. London area and would like to share ideas and techniques over a pint that would be great.
Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, what are your prefferences (beer wise) athumb..
Cheers!
My taste buds have changed over the years... used to love Fuller's, Shepherd Neame, Badger etc. 'Maltier' the better. Currently, I'm more into the 'hoppier' side of the spectrum (not sure how long for) but still love my stouts and porters.
:beer1:

Welcome. from the postcode it sounds like you cant be too far from Water into Beer which seems to be about the only LHBS in South london. Have you ever been and if so is it worth a visit?

Welcome. from the postcode it sounds like you cant be too far from Water into Beer which seems to be about the only LHBS in South london. Have you ever been and if so is it worth a visit?
Cheers.
Yeah its about 4miles from me. Its good but i'd say its more of a bottle shop than solely a homebrew supply shop. I have used the click and collect a few times for brew ingredients which has worked fine.
Covid hit their stock supply quite bad so i haven't used them for a while which is a shame. Hoping to get back there soon.

Welcome.
Bishops's FInger and Ringwood Old Thumper used to be my favourites before Ringwood watered down the latter. It seems we all have to go through hoppy phase and I'm now wondering what to do with my considerable stocks of US IPA-grade varieties while I go back to the rich and luscious. Fortunately, The Wise One is still addicted to Citra so all is not lost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back