Am I weird?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just brewed two lagers and didn't bother to carbonate either. It seems I have a penchant for uncarbonated lager. Does this make me weird? Discuss and btw rofl it's true I do like it this way and hate lager normally.

Just brewed two lagers and didn't bother to carbonate either. It seems I have a penchant for uncarbonated lager. Does this make me weird? Discuss and btw rofl it's true I do like it this way and hate lager normally.
I think I'd struggle with any uncarbonated beer, especially lager. That's not to say I like a glassful of fizz, because I don't. Nevertheless it doesn't mean you're weird, à chacun son gout, Now does that mean I'm weird for not thinking you weird?

I'm pretty sure your self life (for the beer) will be considerably reduced if the beer is not carbonated. The layer of CO2 above the beer stops oxidation. So you must be mad not to carbonate. But the UK are leaving the EU so we are all mad.

The nearest to low carbed lager is Premier I think it is done like Guiness with a nitro mix but I could not drink it totally un-carbed

Funny thing - most of us regularly drink uncarbed ales (from handpumps) down the pub, and surely when you're bottling if there's half a bottlesworth left in the FV you drink it? Occasionaly you do get a microbrewery lager on hand pump.
BTW, when you bottle there's still C02 dissolved in the beer. Enough to keep a bottle unoxidised. And if there wasn't, why wouldn't you just fill it to the brim. I often do even with primed beer.

Wasn't that far into the mists of time when all beer was drunk flat, I read somewhere recently that it was the English who invented a stronger bottle with a cap rather than a cork.

We invent everything, then the banks refuse to lend money to get it up and running a prime example is dyson he had to remorgage
That's par for the course with any business venture, banks or any lending institution like will get you to sign your house over as collateral. That's why banks rarely lose money on schemes, they want it to be a safe bet in their favour.

Latest posts

Back