Amarillo Simcoe & Citra

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cestrian

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just ordered 3 Kg of Amarillo, Simcoe & Citra from Get 'Er Brewed.

Need to get a brew on!!!

Would appreciate your input of any tried an trusted recipes...

Never used citra, but simcoe and amarillo work well in an apa, an IPA, a double IPA, a triple IPA, an American amber, an American brown, and an American barleywine.

I have been drinking an all citra pale, based on James Morton's Undead Pale Ale recipe (in turn a clone of Zombie Dust) and its a very nice drop. Last year I made a batch of Greg Hughes Amarillo single hop pale, which I would also highly recommend.

I've just ordered 3 Kg of Amarillo, Simcoe & Citra from Get 'Er Brewed.

Need to get a brew on!!!

Would appreciate your input of any tried an trusted recipes...

After years of switching from recipe to recipe I recently decided to try and nail a house ipa and tommorrow with be 3 Rd effort in 3 months.

Last came out really well and used 100g each of these very hops

5G Amarillo first wort
10g Amarillo 10 mins
10g simcoe 10 mins

40g amarillo and 40g simcoe 3 mins
45g Amarillo and 50 g simcoe hop stand 70c

Dry hop 100g citra.

I have been drinking an all citra pale, based on James Morton's Undead Pale Ale recipe (in turn a clone of Zombie Dust) and its a very nice drop. Last year I made a batch of Greg Hughes Amarillo single hop pale, which I would also highly recommend.

I need to try that again. My last attempt lacked something but keen to try it again though.

Another vote for the Undead Pale Ale. I brewed a batch for a big dinner party last March and ended up having to drink it all myself. It was a corker. I still had a good charge of the Totally Tropical on hand as well. It’s an excellent contrast in style. The first weeks of the first lockdown are still a bit of a blur.

That totally tropical is very strong did you dial it back a bit?
No. I dialled the Undead back a bit as it was intended for consumption in quantity at the party. The Totally Tropical was done as per recipe. Both are great beers, still mean to rebrew the Undead at full strength.

just brewed a Citra APA yesterday. Bittered with summit and then Citra at 10, 5, 0 and dry hop. We'll see how it turns out

Latest posts

Back