American Pale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one turned out lovely, falconer's flight are lovely hops.

Edit; had to substitute half a kilo of pilsner malt for Munich because I didn't want to open a fresh 5kg bag of pils for 500g :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_125851.jpg
    IMG_20200412_125851.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 53
One more thing, anyone used falconer's flight hops in an APA? It seems like a blend of C hops which is (on paper) basically exactly what I'm after.

Never tried them before but, as you say, they seem to be a mix of all the hops I like (apart from Chinook):

"Falconer’s Flight® is a proprietary blend of Pacific Northwest hops. These include 7 “C” hops, Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Citra®, Cluster, Columbus and Crystal in addition to experimental varieties developed by Hopunion LLC. "

Glad this turned out well for you, may have to give these hops a whirl.

I like Munich in a pale....

Has anyone used 50% plus Munich in an APA? I'm low on pale malt so would want to use Munich to supplement.

Hi Cheshire i'm the opposite i only have pale malt and otter, i am doing a pale ale now so i chucked 50g of roasted barley in for colour, i also like munich got some on order, never tried 50% though

Hi @Cheshire Cat
Has anyone used 50% plus Munich in an APA?
... not an APA, but I did make an "Einkehrshwung" (no, I don't know either, it was from a recipe on a website wink...) ... which had 53% Munich in and turned out really quite lager-like ... recipe there (link) ... there's even a pic of the finished beer a bit further down the thread there (link) ... so I reckon if you were to ferment with an American Yeast and chuck a fair amount of late hops in you could make a nice APA with that much Munich athumb..

Cheers, PhilB

Never tried them before but, as you say, they seem to be a mix of all the hops I like (apart from Chinook):

"Falconer’s Flight® is a proprietary blend of Pacific Northwest hops. These include 7 “C” hops, Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Citra®, Cluster, Columbus and Crystal in addition to experimental varieties developed by Hopunion LLC. "

Glad this turned out well for you, may have to give these hops a whirl.
It’s my “go-to” APA hop. My very simple “house” APA recipe is 50/50 pale malt and Vienna malt, and 200g of FF(100 spread across the boil and 100 dry hop). I think I’ve brewed it at least 5 times.

Back